FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Curious, anyone use the GSD3 in one of their weapons?

Malak at modern pawn and guns recently posted this video comparing the speed of the 2 triggers. Kind of interesting IMO.

What do you guys know?
Just put the SD-E in my middy, wanted to stay with a 2 stage on it. Not a comparison to the SD3G, but the break is absolutely amazing. For that I give a BIG thumbs up to Giessele. :?
I did order a Tac-Con yesterday, my intent is to put it in a pistol or SBR, just don't want to wait for the NFA stamp so I'll probably go the pistol route with this latest Dick Gun build. :lol:

What do I know? - I know I won't be running 3 Gun, so even 2 hundredths of a second slower isn't a concern for me. I also know that in the grand skeme of things being 2 hundredths slower will save me a ton of money on ammunition. :th_ban_dance01:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Lester, Love the shotgun room recognition...
One of the few products I'll admit being a fanboy to is Geissele. I have SD3G's in 3 of my AR's. The other 2 have SA-E's. I use the SD3G for carbine classes. It is super fast. I know that it is not intended accuracy, but I could hit a 300 yard plate with a 10.3 AR and BUIS with that trigger.
I can't do it reliably, but you can also get a full auto rate with "accidental" bumpfire. Got some funny looks when I ripped off an 8 round burst! Bill sends a warning with those triggers about bumpfire.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Been looking up videos on these as well.

TAC CON Trigger Review and Verdict:

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Reactions: arcticzale

·
Registered
510 Posts
G triggers are ok, compared to others. It depends on your application.

If you're looking at pure speed, they are ok vs the competition.

Above all, if the operator of the firearm is inept and cannot produce performance, then either trigger is null to your equation.

Myself and many good shooters (not that I am a good shooter) can easily take a GI trigger and get the same splits.

Education and training is the most important gear.

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Just put the SD-E in my middy, wanted to stay with a 2 stage on it. Not a comparison to the SD3G, but the break is absolutely amazing. For that I give a BIG thumbs up to Giessele. :?
I did order a Tac-Con yesterday, my intent is to put it in a pistol or SBR, just don't want to wait for the NFA stamp so I'll probably go the pistol route with this latest Dick Gun build. :lol:

What do I know? - I know I won't be running 3 Gun, so even 2 hundredths of a second slower isn't a concern for me. I also know that in the grand skeme of things being 2 hundredths slower will save me a ton of money on ammunition. :th_ban_dance01:

Hahahahahahhahahaha he said dick gun!!!!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts