FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, The Vest Guy made me a PS90 tac vest - I looked at many, many pics on his site, and asked for a few variations. I used this one as a guide and made the alterations from this design:

I requested that he take out the pouches under the arms (so I could lower my arms all the way), and to move the magazine pouches a little away from the zipper section. I wanted to keep 2 mags on each side, however, and not try to squeeze in 3 (so it wouldn't be too crowded). And, I wanted the PS90 Sling setup, like in the pic.

I asked for the upper pockets and the radio pouch to remain the same. But, I requested adjustable shoulders (that go to the back) and a utility belt.

Well, the vest came in today. I was at work, and my wife called and said my "Shipwreck shirt" arrived! :lol: :lol:

Once I got home and adjusted everything, I took a few pics:

I am really impressed with the stitching and the layout. There is also a hidden pocked behind all 3 chest pockets (the two on the right, and also the radio pocket). Plus, there is a water hydration pocket on the inside of the back (a surprise I wasn't expecting).

Finally - The Vest Guy entertained me by putting a removable "ShipWreck" patch on the front pocket, and a large "ShipWreck" patch across the rear (I had asked for a large velcro piece across the back, should I want a patch or something there). When I get a chance, I'll try to take a photo of the rear...

Once I am sure all my adjustments are final, I might shorten some of the nylon straps. But for now, I'll just leave them as is.

I like the sling attachment a lot. I already have a sling from Urban ERT, and the lanyard on my PS90 is from that company. I made sure The Vest Guy used the same buckle size, so I am able to hook my gun to the vest, and I didn't have to change out the lanyard piece on the gun itself.

I currently have a stock extension on my PS90, but maybe in the future, I will try out The Vest Guy's PS90 lanyard.

Anyway I know I am an admin here, and he is a sponsor. So, I don't want it to sound like I am sucking up. However, I am really impressed with the quality. The layout chosen of all the pockets can really make a tac vest look kewl, or kind of stupid. I was worried about what I chose, until I saw the final product. And, to be honest, I wasn't expecting things to look as nice as they do. I gotta give The Vest Guy several thumbs up! :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

He previously worked with me a lot with my design idea for a PS90 mag shoulder holster (I still don't know why this hasn't caught on yet), and he was very easy to work with in designing this vest.

·
Vendor
5,933 Posts
:shock:
I LOVE my vest too!!!! They should be standard on Stargate Atlantis! :D
I'd like to see the back pictures to see the adjustable shoulders. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts