FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on the edge and thinking hard about selling my fnx 9. I'm a 10+ mags per guns type of gun and buying 7+ mags for this gun is stupid expensive. I can get 10 m&p mags for $255... Id be dropping at least $400 for the fnx mags.

Holster and sight availability also sucks....

I like a lot about this gun and really wish they would catch on more. The fnx and fns guns are ridiculously under rated, ever bit as good as the Glock mine replaced.

·
Registered
770 Posts
10+ mags for each pistol is a lot but whatever your comfortable with. You could just buy springs and base plates after 5 mags and just rebuild. Or you could buy a vp9 and have some real mag problems. Smith pro an xdm or block would all be great options but I don't think mags should be the deferent. If you want the double action you can find good deals on usp 9 and those mags aren't too bad

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I would not let the price of mags discourage me from keeping a gun that I really liked, especially if your only concerned about having 10 of them. Their on GB fixed price @ 35 each, new factory FN. Keep your eyes pealed and you could probably do better than that, not much but some I'd bet. I pick up new FN 17 mags all the time for $30 ea.. just my .02 !

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here's a couple of reasons you shouldn't sell your FNX9.
First two range trips with my FNX9. 100+ rounds per target at 7 yards. Took a second trip to get used to the trigger.
And I'm an old man with a bum shoulder and old man eyes. I wouldn't get rid of a good shooting pistol over a few bucks worth of magazies.

Eight magazines here by the way. Got some here, some there, average price of around $30-$35 each. You'll catch a sale if you're patient.

Enjoy shooting whatever you decide.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Extra mags (beyond the 3 you received with the gun) are nowhere near as important as the quality and reliability of the weapon. Although I am a hard-core a Glock guy, I have switched out my Glock 19 for my FNX-9 as my daily carry gun. I will add extra magazines as I can, but the weapons system that came in the box (gun and 3 mags) fully meets my needs for CCW. If you're really considering ditching your FNX-9, do it if you doubt the quality and reliability of the firearm. I don't, and I'm keeping mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The quality seems just fine to me. Only real gripe is that it's a different manual of arms than all my other pistols and I shoot left with it for some reason.

I'm no longer a glock guy, I'm now an m&p guy.

·
Banned
119 Posts
Cost of mags is probably the worst reason to get rid of a perfectly good firearm. Not sure exactly why anyone would need more than 4-5 mags anyway......unless they are ammunition hoarding charlatans.

Reactions: thenihipali5

·
Registered
29 Posts
The quality seems just fine to me. Only real gripe is that it's a different manual of arms than all my other pistols and I shoot left with it for some reason.

I'm no longer a glock guy, I'm now an m&p guy.
You might try changing the backstrap, if you haven't already. I use the small one on the FNX, which surprises me since I need the biggest backstrap on my PX4 or else I go slightly left.

Might also try shooting it off bags or letting a buddy shoot it to make sure the sights are on the money.

Good luck and have fun shooting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cost of mags is probably the worst reason to get rid of a perfectly good firearm. Not sure exactly why anyone would need more than 4-5 mags anyway......unless they are ammunition hoarding charlatans.
I remember not being able to find "high capacity" mags during the ban so I like to stack them deep. I'll admit I did get crazy with glock mags, having like 50 mags for - glock 19 and a g17 was excessive.

Next time I go to the range I'll make sure I take a large back strap to try.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Here's a couple of reasons you shouldn't sell your FNX9.
First two range trips with my FNX9. 100+ rounds per target at 7 yards. Took a second trip to get used to the trigger.
And I'm an old man with a bum shoulder and old man eyes. I wouldn't get rid of a good shooting pistol over a few bucks worth of magazies.

Eight magazines here by the way. Got some here, some there, average price of around $30-$35 each. You'll catch a sale if you're patient.

Enjoy shooting whatever you decide.
My goodness! No one is walking away with shots like that... Sweet shooting

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
Honestly... Mags are junk if you can't hit your target. The amount of rounds you put through the gun itself won't make anyone a better shooter. Combat load, I wasn't allowed to leave the wire without 210+ 5.56 ammo for my M4. Another 150 9mm for the Beretta M9. There is no place in America that anyone would need 500 rounds on their person at any given time... So pick them up one at a time, one here and there and you'll get your double digit mags.

Until then, think about asking it to me, I need another FNX...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
you don't have to sell it. you can give it away. to me.

seriously though, in my experience, with a safe that seems to have a revolving door, I really regret selling/trading some particular guns, and have had to start buying them back. Unless you need the cash, or really want something else instead and budget is an issue, I'd keep it. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
981 Posts
The only time I ever needed more than 3-mags was when I was shooting competitively (IDPA) and some steel matches, that were being run well with a relatively few participants -- then, it was hard to have time to reload mags between strings. Otherwise, the extra mags were surplus.

If you ever decide to sell a gun with 10-mags, most buyers won't want that many and won't be willing pay enough extra to come close to offsetting your outlay.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts