FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After speaking to FN's customer service about what is going on with the SCAR 16s and when it would be available; he advised me that a new batch of SCAR 16s will be here by quarter 2 of 2021. I just figured I'd give all our SCAR enthusiast the run down. Since there are so many conflicting reports concerning the 16s, in addition our new political climate, I don't know who to trust or who is getting a kickback to spread hogwash.

Additional question, did FN ever import the SCAR 16s with a 14 inch barrel with a pinned and welded muzzle device as a complete rifle or have they always just been imported with the 16" barrels? I know you can buy the 10", 14", 16" & 18" barrels separately but just curious if they ever offered the SCAR 16s with the 14" barrel with a permanently pinned & welded muzzle device to the US civilian market.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don’t think they are telling the truth. I got the same answer long time ago but scar 16s never showed up as they promised.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don’t think they are telling the truth. I got the same answer long time ago but scar 16s never showed up as they promised.
When did they say it'd be out ifspring? I don't understand why they would lie, I just don't get the point, it makes no logical sense. I remember when the FS2000 was discontinued, they had no qualms about expressing that. I mean whether it's discontinued, or FN has to fill contracts with other countries so they are unable to currently supply the civilian market, or they see something in the political climate that worries them but that doesn't really make sense because the SCAR 16s has been absent at least the last 2 years. I just don't get why they can be truthful about this very, very simple issue.

·
Registered
427 Posts
SCAR-L as won several contracts...so there is a delay for that...which Belgium is focused on fulfilling...

Plus, FN is probably setting up shop to make it stateside just like the 17 and 20...seeing how things are shaping up both politically in Europe and here...having the manufacturing here in the US makes sense...

SCAR 16 was a fairly low volume seller up until none have made it from Belgium...supply and demand...

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Short term and long term timetables are always changing in the corporate world. They may well be expecting to have a batch for the civilian market 21Q2, but they may get awarded a new contract for several thousand rifles that need to be filled quickly and there goes their schedule.

I don't understand why companies would lie about delivering their products like showing they have SCAR lowers "in stock" or they will deliver your order for crappy SCAR plastic mags in "two weeks" but they do.

·
Banned
676 Posts
Short term and long term timetables are always changing in the corporate world. They may well be expecting to have a batch for the civilian market 21Q2, but they may get awarded a new contract for several thousand rifles that need to be filled quickly and there goes their schedule.

I don't understand why companies would lie about delivering their products like showing they have SCAR lowers "in stock" or they will deliver your order for crappy SCAR plastic mags in "two weeks" but they do.
Beretta is FAMOUS for lying about the availability of their firearms & accessories, like the ARX100, ARX160, ARX200 & their biggest lie, interchangable barrels in different calibers. They still release a few ARX100's to retailers when they come across enough lost & found parts in the back of the warehouse to cobble together a few rifles. Beretta's been in existence for over 500 years now so they've perfected the art of bullshitting their customers (and they're Eye-talians, so there's always that. BS'ing is their mother tongue)!!!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Beretta is FAMOUS for lying about the availability of their firearms & accessories, like the ARX100, ARX160, ARX200 & their biggest lie, interchangable barrels in different calibers. They still release a few ARX100's to retailers when they come across enough lost & found parts in the back of the warehouse to cobble together a few rifles. Beretta's been in existence for over 500 years now so they've perfected the art of bullshitting their customers (and they're Eye-talians, so there's always that. BS'ing is their mother tongue)!!!
And that's why I don't own any Beretta firearms.

·
Banned
676 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts