FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tampa's 'Batman' Arrested for Wearing Mask

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

TAMPA, Fla. — In the comics, Batman usually manages to stay a few steps ahead of disapproving police officers, but Tampa's own Caped Crusader wasn't so lucky.

Far from Gotham's crime-infested alleys, 21-year-old Walsh Ian Nichols frequently patrols the nightclubs of Ybor City dressed as the Dark Knight. But Tampa police arrested Nichols Friday for violating a state law that forbids wearing a mask on a public right of way.

A police spokeswoman acknowledged that the law is rarely enforced but said Nichols had been warned several weeks earlier about wearing the mask.

Nichols was released a few hours after his arrest on $500 bail. Undeterred by police keeping his mask as evidence, Nichols told the St. Petersburg Times that he has a spare.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,438543,00.html

·
Registered
164 Posts
I think the guy needs Denny Crane. Sounds to me like a discriminatory law. He's got as much right walking around dressed up as Batman any night of the week as a seven year old dressed up as Spiderman on Halloween. I don't like laws that are only enforced when they want to target a particular person or group. Hmmmmm, kind of sounds like gun control doesn't it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts