21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Can't go wrong either way. :?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I vote TAVOR ! Don't have mine yet but it should be at my FFL tomorrow, in the leftie configuration. Best of both worlds with a 16" , 1:7 barrel plus a 26" OAL . This was on my to do list, but when I heard Frankinstine was working on a E.O. bill to stop import of like said weapons I pulled the trigger. Hopefully the "bill" is just B.S. but it was a good enough excuse for me.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Doesn't matter which one you choose, most of the people here (including yourself) would wind up eventually with both. Get the one you really want, otherwise buyer's regret leads to a quick additional purchase.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I bought my 16.5" LH Tavor just in time before the Oct. 1st, AWB in my Communistic state. Haven't shot it yet, waiting for old man winter to release his grip. I own a PS-90 and an FS2K and love both of them. But the Tavor appealed to me with its ergonomic design, built quality and magazine compatibility. Anxious to put some rounds downrange.

I would suggest:
1. Buy it.
2. Install your favorite optic.
3. Buy lots of ammo/magazines.
4. Go to your nearest range and enjoy it!

Obligatory photo:

MAJOR

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have also put a Tavor on the wish list and its next up for purchase.... however... I remember seeing a Tavor owner experiencing severe issues when fired suppressed(jams/missfeed/etc). Have any of you Tavor owners fired yours suppressed and experienced issues?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Yeah I have noticed I get gases in my face as it is already while rapid firing. I heard about that side plate but wondered how well it works. Have you tried it out yet? I thought the gas was coming out from under the top rail around the picatanny where those vent holes were. I suppose some comes out at that plate as well, not sure really.

·
Registered
184 Posts
It's called the F.L.E.X. from gear head works, it gets great reviews on the Bullpup Forum.
Fulcrum Located Extra swivel (FLEx swivel)

Back to what I was warning you about earlier. Yes my FDE Scar was so accurate I had to get a FDE Tavor as well.
20140401_111306.jpg
I honestly have a hard time choosing with one to take to the range, can't imagine having to choose which one to keep!

Reactions: Patton250

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
nice. I thought about getting mepro site. So have you gotten the luna safety yet? I always run ambi safeties on my ar's so figure I MIGHT get it for the tavor

·
Registered
1,429 Posts

·
Registered
Gun Master
7 Posts
My opinion goes in favor of IWI Tavor. A great ergonomically set rifle, intended to replace M4. So basically, to compare it with an AK-47 is impossible (in the manner of technical specifications and possible usability). Highly maneuverable, no recoil, 9 mm gun. You will have a lot of fun with it...

21 - 39 of 39 Posts