FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a civilian holding no FFL. I'm also in the process of building an FAL (Imbel, no receiver or US parts yet)...

I want to build it with the safety sear (full-auto capabilities)... I'll need this piece (like 5 dollars from DSA), and a sear-cut receiver...

Anyway, is there any way I can apply for a tax stamp and/or NFA transfer form and/or whatever it would take to install a safety sear legally?

Thanks for the info to come,
- CK

·
Administrator
11,097 Posts
Full auto weapons are not allowed (to civilians) unless they were built before 1986 and the proper NFA tax stamp has been paid.

No ifs, ands, ors, or buts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Transferable FAL: Because I don't have $14,000.00 to drop on an FAL, and because I'll NEVER pay that for ANY firearm, no matter WHAT it is!

DIAS: The safety sear on DSA is 5 bucks. The NFA stamp or whatever is like 200. Putting it in legally, well, that's my question. ;)

My FAL is going to be worth around 600 bucks when it's done. Nothing special, just a frankenFAL of inch, metric, US, israeli, and martian parts... I'd rather not spend any more than that on making it fully-automatic. If it's going to be too much of a hassle, I'll just keep it semi-auto.

- CK

·
Administrator
11,097 Posts
Only YOU can figure out whether you are willing to trade 10 years of your life in prison and the inability to ever own a firearm again for the 'prestige' or whatever of owing a automatic firearm.

If you want to stay legal, then buy one that was built before 1986.

If you want to chance going to prison, thats your choice.

·
Registered
214 Posts
CeeKay said:
Transferable FAL: Because I don't have $14,000.00 to drop on an FAL, and because I'll NEVER pay that for ANY firearm, no matter WHAT it is!

DIAS: The safety sear on DSA is 5 bucks. The NFA stamp or whatever is like 200. Putting it in legally, well, that's my question. ;)

My FAL is going to be worth around 600 bucks when it's done. Nothing special, just a frankenFAL of inch, metric, US, israeli, and martian parts... I'd rather not spend any more than that on making it fully-automatic. If it's going to be too much of a hassle, I'll just keep it semi-auto.

- CK
Sounds like you need a Type 07 FFL w/ paid SOT. If you're not quite sure what it is, or laws regarding the MFG of a machine gun, you're in for the long haul!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts