FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a civilian holding no FFL. I'm also in the process of building an FAL (Imbel, no receiver or US parts yet)...

I want to build it with the safety sear (full-auto capabilities)... I'll need this piece (like 5 dollars from DSA), and a sear-cut receiver...

Anyway, is there any way I can apply for a tax stamp and/or NFA transfer form and/or whatever it would take to install a safety sear legally?

Thanks for the info to come,
- CK

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Transferable FAL: Because I don't have $14,000.00 to drop on an FAL, and because I'll NEVER pay that for ANY firearm, no matter WHAT it is!

DIAS: The safety sear on DSA is 5 bucks. The NFA stamp or whatever is like 200. Putting it in legally, well, that's my question. ;)

My FAL is going to be worth around 600 bucks when it's done. Nothing special, just a frankenFAL of inch, metric, US, israeli, and martian parts... I'd rather not spend any more than that on making it fully-automatic. If it's going to be too much of a hassle, I'll just keep it semi-auto.

- CK

·
Administrator
12,301 Posts
Only YOU can figure out whether you are willing to trade 10 years of your life in prison and the inability to ever own a firearm again for the 'prestige' or whatever of owing a automatic firearm.

If you want to stay legal, then buy one that was built before 1986.

If you want to chance going to prison, thats your choice.

·
Registered
214 Posts
CeeKay said:
Transferable FAL: Because I don't have $14,000.00 to drop on an FAL, and because I'll NEVER pay that for ANY firearm, no matter WHAT it is!

DIAS: The safety sear on DSA is 5 bucks. The NFA stamp or whatever is like 200. Putting it in legally, well, that's my question. ;)

My FAL is going to be worth around 600 bucks when it's done. Nothing special, just a frankenFAL of inch, metric, US, israeli, and martian parts... I'd rather not spend any more than that on making it fully-automatic. If it's going to be too much of a hassle, I'll just keep it semi-auto.

- CK
Sounds like you need a Type 07 FFL w/ paid SOT. If you're not quite sure what it is, or laws regarding the MFG of a machine gun, you're in for the long haul!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.