FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone mounted the TDI/CAA rail mount on the P90 or PS90? If so can I see pics. I'm setting up my PS90 and would appreciate any help. Thanks.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
FYI - No biggie, but I deleted your duplicate post - No need to post the same thing in 2 forums.

So far, I have yet to see another member here with them - as they require drilling thru the receiver.

I did read a post from 1 person who did the install on another forum - he claimed he had to mill the rails he had because they didn't fit into those PS90 holes correctly.

All I can say.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have those TDI/CAA rails on my PS90. The newest version of those rails fit in the rectangular recesses of the PS90 perfectly. They don't need any kind of milling. However, just make sure that the M5 screw that comes with those rails have a shank length that's at least 30mm long. The M5 screw that came with my rails had a shank length of 20mm long, which is too short. I've called CAA about this and they sent me the correct M5x30 screw very quickly.

I intend on mounting the Lasermax Uni-Max laser on the left-hand rail. This will allow my left hand to access the on/off switch very easily.

A pic will be up shortly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I roger that, no duplicate post, 10-4. And thanks for the info on the rails. I think this might be the best way to mount a light that can be reached w/o the cord getting in the way. If pics. are avail. please let's see 'em.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Real,
So you drilled the hole? Did you use a drill press or did you have a gunsmith drill it for you. I have the rails just not sure if I want to make the mod myself.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Kendal said:
Real,
So you drilled the hole? Did you use a drill press or did you have a gunsmith drill it for you. I have the rails just not sure if I want to make the mod myself.
Before I post the pics, I'll answer your question.

Yes, I drilled the hole. I didn't use a drill press and I didn't have a gunsmith drill it for me. It's very easy to do.

This is how I did it:

All I did was to make measurements and made the mark to drill the hole by tapping lightly on a center punch. You just want to make a mark that's enough so the drill bit doesn't wander. I used a bench vise and some clean towels to hold the receiver in place. I used the step-drilling method by starting off with a pilot hole. I first used a 1/8-inch drill bit to make the pilot hole. After that, just keep going up in drill bit size until the hole is only slightly larger in diameter than the threaded portion of the M5x30 screw. After that, just install the rails and you're done.

Remember, don't be in a rush and just take your time.

·
Registered
142 Posts
fnfanatic said:
And thanks for the info on the rails. I think this might be the best way to mount a light that can be reached w/o the cord getting in the way. If pics. are avail. please let's see 'em.
Here's the pics. :) In the middle pic, I got one of those GG&G sling mounts on the rail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts