Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Best money I've ever spent.

Leupold Mk6 with a CMR-W reticle mounted on a Larue LT-111
Bushnell TRS-25 mounted on a Warne 45 degree offset rail
Geissele Super Scar Trigger
GG&G Angled Charging Handle
Midwest Industries SCAR rail extension SSR
Grippod vertical grip with steel reinforced legs
Magpul Rail Protectors to help me remember where to put stuff back when I remove them
Tango Down Panels
AAC 51T Flash Hider
Savvy Sniper Quad dual QD MS (not pictured)

GG&G QD
Ergo Grip

This 45 degree offset is nice, but I want one that's has a lower profile in relation to the top rail. It's not as bad as the pic shows, since I pulled the camera back to get an overall view.
When sighting in, the sight picture is much better and that dot went all blurry in the pic. It's a great dot for the price and as a secondary sight.

SKB iSeries 4217 Mil-Spec AR-15 Short Rifle Hardcase 45.5"
Awesome...

but too big. I'm currently looking for one that has the same width and height, but with less length.

Anyways, that's what she looks like so far. They're never done, but I'm happy with her just the way she is for the moment.

-Jason

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
Outstanding build. Looks amazing!

·
Registered
820 Posts
You done good. Tricked - out nicely. Real good components ; congrats.
I

·
Registered
93 Posts
Nice Job!!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
When I built the rifle, I wanted something that surpassed my abilities that I could grow into. I'm fine out to 500yrds, but I happen to live within driving distance of the only 1000yrd range in the state of Florida. I'll be taking training from a qualified long range instructor sometime soon. Until I get that training, I can't really comment on the reticle. It surpasses my ability at the moment. I will master it in time. I'm excited to say the least.

The Leupold MK6 is fantastic. The optics are clear within the entire field of view, no darkening or blurryness near or at the edges. No distortion near the edges. The optics don't darken the target image in the least. I read a review somewhere that called the optics "daylight bright". I remembered that phrase when I looked through the scope the first time because I was looking for a way to describe it myself. It's also very light and takes up less rail space than many of it's competitors in the same category.

-Jason

edit- Nearly forgot. This is my first scope with First Focal Plane. I will never purchase a scope with second focal plane ever again.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gun owners aren't exactly the quiet type, so if there were a problem, it would be plastered all over the internet. Unfortunately, many gun owners gossip like school girls so we also get a lot of my friends... friends... UNCLE... yeah, uncle said... bull****.

Unless I see a forum thread with several first person experiences, I don't give many things credit on the net. I work in IT, where every newbie geek knows everything and every problem with a computer is a virus. I figure if the gun world is similar, only about 5% of you screwballs have any clue what you're talking about, so I do my own research. Knowing the difference between opinion and fact is key.

-Jason

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Changed my offset sight mount from Warne to JP Enterprises. JP Enterprises was lower mounted, clearing the Leupold windage adjustment and set away from the main optics by half an inch, making changes to the magnification easier. I'm really impressed with the Bushnell RDS. The dot is clear, sharp and very bright. The brightness of the dot is very well scaled between 0 (off) and 11 (full bright). In this pic, I tried to focus the camera on the dot instead of the sight itself. It worked well enough I think.

-Jason

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
I read a review somewhere that called the optics "daylight bright". I remembered that phrase when I looked through the scope the first time because I was looking for a way to describe it myself. It's also very light and takes up less rail space than many of it's competitors in the same category.

-Jason

edit- Nearly forgot. This is my first scope with First Focal Plane. I will never purchase a scope with second focal plane ever again.
First off nice rig man!

The term daylight bright is used to describe illuminated reticles in most cases. Reports say that the MK6 Illuminated model is daylight bright (can be seen in the daylight). I am going to order one of these when the supressor sickness passes. I'm thinking of going with the TMR Illuminated model and have the second mortgage paperwork drawn up. Those hogs are going to have a bad day when I get home. Thanks for the write up and I'm glad to hear you're having a good experience with your MK6.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Thanks for the compliments, everyone.

Thanks for the info Kameron. I work with optics, though not for weapons. I've seen some scopes that were much darker than this scope, though older, cheaper and probably cheaply made glass. I assumed that the review I was reading was referring to the optics themselves, not the illumination. It makes more sense now, though the clarity of the Mk6 optics are fantastic.

Someone asked for some pics from the top, so I'm guessing he wants to see how far the secondary optic stands off the gun so I took a few shots. In one pic, the stock is folded. I wanted one side of the gun to be free of extrusions, so I moved the charging handle to the right side (and farther from my fingers/thumb). I can lay the rifle flat on the other side in the case, ground, against the wall of my safe, etc. It's a small thing, but easy enough to do.

-Jason

1 - 20 of 23 Posts