FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read an article someone handed me about a radical speach by Ted Nugent. YOu guys read the aricle? I can't tell if it was in my local paper or where he got it from.

I will see if I can find a copy on the net.

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Crap, I will just retype it. Was this from some mid-year NRA convention? I thought the last one was this summer in Kentucky. What meeting is this from? Is this accurate?

People in the news
Ted Nugent wants 'extremists in his NRA

HOUSTON - With an assault weapon in each hand, rocker and gun-rights advocate Ted Nugent urged National Rifle Association members to be "hardcore, radical extremists demanding the right to self defense."

Speaking at the NRA's annual convention Saturday, Nugent said each NRA member should try to enoll 10 new members over the next year and associate only with other members.

"Let's next year sit here and say, 'Holy smokes, the NRA has 40 million members now,'" he said "No one is allowed at our barbecues unless they are an NRA member. Do that in your life."

He drew the most cheers when he told gun owners they should never give up their right to bear arms and should use their guns to protect themselves if needed.

"Remember the Alamo! Shoot 'em!" he screamed to applause. "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I could be wrong, but that doesn't sound like Ted to me. I haven't read everything he has said or written, but wishing people dead seems extreme even for him. Where is the article from?

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would love to give this guy something in writing that the article he is copying is bogus and full of lies. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
When we had the annual meetings here a few years back I went to Ted Nugent's presentation. That indeed does sound like things he says.

:eek:

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good to know, if the article is true I don't have a problem with it. If it is false.... it needs to me known as such.

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks madhouse, that was just the kind of thing I was looking for.

He does handle himself well. His explanation of his right to defend himself is well put and compelling.... even if his approach to "blowing a molester's brains out" is a bit raw.... lol.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Yeah, and I mean I like his standpoint on not letting these criminals commit the same crime 52 times. Our legal system is who I would put the hairy eyeball on.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ted is my friggin hero. I have seen some clips on his tv show where he is pretty much saying the same stuff. He's not talking about going on a rampage in a mall. He's talking about taking out the scum while they are in the act so they can't hurt anyone ever again. I must say I agree with him. As far as radical, well look at the left. Look at some of the stuff they believe and push. If wanting to be able to defend myself against any type of enemy, whether it be a criminal, terrorist or enemies of freedom is radical, then so be it. I can live with that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts