FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hows everyone's experience using this scope on the 17? Which reticle did you go with and are there any hidden deals on them?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Love mine. It's the clearest glass I have ever looked through. Blows the Leupold glass away. It is a tad heavy but not too heavy. It's like a perfect match for the 17FDE.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Love mine. It's the clearest glass I have ever looked through. Blows the Leupold glass away. It is a tad heavy but not too heavy. It's like a perfect match for the 17FDE.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm torn between the mark 6 or the vortex.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Vortex Razor HD2 1-6 mrad on a SCAR 17, like it a lot. I do not have much experience with other higher quality tactical type scopes to compare it to. However I did a lot of reading on different scopes, it was a big expense for me. From what I read, many like it and compare it to scopes costing more.

My opinions on it. It is 2nd focal plane. Reticle is calibrated for highest zoom setting- will not be doing any ranging or hold over at lower settings. Reticle at lower zoom stays larger and usable.

Illumination is small dot. Read where this allows brighter illumination while not using much battery by lighting just a small point. I like this because it is similar to (not the same as) an aimpoint type sight in daylight. However, aimpoint / eotech type sights are much more forgiving with side to side off axis eye position (exit pupil) and front to back eye box.

One thing that caught my interest was that others described looking through it was like “looking through a ring”. I do notice that it is not like looking down a tube, but that the view at the back of the scope is large so that the scope housing appears to be a thin ring. On these links, someone posted pictures showing this.
Vortex Razor 1-6 Gen II Very Nice ! - Page 3 - AR15.COM
Vortex Razor 1-6 Gen II Very Nice ! - Page 4 - AR15.COM

I have this on a ADM Delta mount and clears back iron sight with scope protective covers.

Turrets are capped. I wanted this for a lower powered scope & rougher handling. Wont do much turret adjusting at ranges this scope made for. The knobs under the caps are large and easy to use and side marked (rmad turrets/mrad reticle) if wanting to use in this way with caps off.

Links for Razor 1-6 general info.
First Look: Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1-6×24 | Modern Service Weapons

Good video someone made comparing to Swaro

1 - 5 of 5 Posts