FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry "bro", your not welcome here with that device.
Your more than welcome to have it 3D map your colon if you walk in my door.

·
Registered
454 Posts
And with the NSA and FBI tapping into our phones covertly, they now know what the exact display inside of your house, hmmm that looks like a gunsafe, mark that incase we get word from up top to confiscate.

Reminds me of Dark Knight.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to be such a jerk, but I felt violated by the thought of this app. :spank:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I can see the good that can come from the technology but I get your point and it's bone chilling.

Reactions: Macprowler

·
Registered
876 Posts
This tech has been around for a while in a much simpler bluetooth form. Then you have 3D thermal imaging and 3D penetrating radar. At least this technology is open source so it can be used for good.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
The only good thing I see about this is the next crook who breaks in to your house has it on there phone! Other than that, No thanks!

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
That equation is ass backwards. Its supposed to go like this.

Privacy > technology

I can see this being misused in a big way. The dark night comment is correct. This things cool factor is far outweighed by its scary factor.

Reactions: Spilz

·
Registered
714 Posts
"Whoa! Man, look how cool this is... you can, like, do 3D mapping, brah!" - Unfortunately, most young Americans will see it this way. But, this media campaign is a stunt to make citizens comfortable with the idea that this technology exists, instead of considering the real reason for it's development. Make no mistake, the intent of this technology is not for the civilian market, it's for big brother. Welcome to the next stage of the end of your privacy, America.

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
For every gain in technology there's an equivalent loss in privacy and humanity. At some point, perhaps in a generation or less we will see computers and their associated mechanizations render the human experience obsolete! All hail the MACHINE!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
For every gain in technology there's an equivalent loss in privacy and humanity. At some point, perhaps in a generation or less we will see computers and their associated mechanizations render the human experience obsolete! All hail the MACHINE!
Transhumanism is here already. ;)

- The prosthetic parts and neurological pathways in harmony has been around for a while.
- Growing ears and others misc parts in dishes is nothing new as well.
- Repairing processes have been on the rise.

One day soon the normal man will be standing next to a human much much older than him.

Happy 175th Bday grandpa.
Happy birthday to you.

_______

Aside from that, the new movie Transcendence.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
This looks cool. I wonder how it could be applied in my field to study spaces and how people interact with them. We currently use LIDAR mapping to map spaces with a point cloud and then import that point cloud into a modeling program to get an accurate 3d representation of the space. This looks like it was doing it on the fly. Sweet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts