FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/07/29/bali.appeal.ap/index.htm

Sorry pal... all we have are 25ACP, were gonna have to stand real close to you and keep shootin' till ya die... it may take a while.

JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) -- Three militants awaiting execution for the 2002 Bali bombings plan to challenge the legality of death by firing squad, but it was unclear if the move would lead to a last-minute stay, their lawyer said Tuesday.

Mahendradatta, who goes by a single name, said he would file a petition next week at the Constitutional Court arguing that convicts who go before a firing squad sometimes do not die immediately, causing unnecessary suffering.

"We're seeking an execution without pain," said the lawyer, who in the past has argued that his clients would prefer to be beheaded, which they say is more in line with Islamic teachings.

Ali Ghufron, Imam Samudra and Amrozi Nurhasyim were convicted in 2003 of planning and helping to carry out the Oct. 12 suicide bombings targeting two packed nightclubs on Bali island, killing 202 people, mostly foreign tourists.

The three, who have admitted taking part in the attacks, already have exhausted the appeals process.

Attorney General spokesman Bonaventura Daulat Nainggolan declined to say whether the petition would result in an automatic last-minute stay in their executions, which authorities have said would likely be carried out before September.

Mahendradatta acknowledged the executions could well go ahead even if the case was lodged at the Constitutional Court, but said it would be "murder" if they did.

The Bali attacks were carried out by members and associates of Jemaah Islamiyah, a local network of mostly Afghan trained militants, with al-Qaida providing money and some expertise, police and former militants have said.

Islamic militants have carried out three other major attacks on Western targets in Indonesia since then, the last in 2005, also on Bali, when three suicide bombers killed 21 people in restaurant attacks.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Perhaps they should compromise and hang them? It worked pretty good for saddam hussein :?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I say do to them what they did to Nick Burg. Slow, dull and public.

Sick bastards. If they do it to our people, they'd better be prepared to suffer the same fate.

Zhur

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I've always thought that exicutions should be done in a enviromently friendly manner. Give them a choice, A pit full of starving wolves or a tank full of tiger sharks. Maintaining our zoo's and aquariums is expensive. No sence in waisting protein, Think green.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Yes, but will the Tiger sharks have Friggin' laser beams attached to their heads? Every animal deserves a hot meal.

Zhur

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I say stick him in a room full of venomous snakes and then let them eat him :)

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Stick them in a pen with hungry hogs and see how long they can last. :eek:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Stick him in a shark tank drenched in blood! :twisted:

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rpsmith said:
cover them with honey and stake them next to a fire ant hill.
We have a WINNER!

·
Registered
88 Posts
devildoc said:
I've always thought that exicutions should be done in a enviromently friendly manner. Give them a choice, A pit full of starving wolves or a tank full of tiger sharks. Maintaining our zoo's and aquariums is expensive. No sence in waisting protein, Think green.
I like the idea of thinking green. :?

What's the line from Snatch? "Feed them to the pigs"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts