FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Texas County Official Sees Race in Term 'Black Hole'

Friday, July 11, 2008

DALLAS — What do "black hole," "angel food cake," and "devil's food cake" have in common?

They're all racist terms, says a Dallas County, Texas, official.

A county commissioners' meeting this week over traffic tickets turned into a tense discussion over race when one commissioner said the county's collections office was like a certain astronomical phenomenon.

"It sounds like Central Collections has become a black hole," Commissioner Kenneth Mayfield, who is white, said during the Monday meeting.

One black official demanded an apology, and Commissioner John Wiley Price, who also is black, said that type of language is unacceptable.

At the meeting, Mayfield said he intended his comments to be taken in the context of the scientific meaning, and became upset that he was being misunderstood.

In astronomy, the term black hole refers to a star that has collapsed upon itself, creating something so dense and small that it does not have any physical properties besides a gravitational force so great that even light cannot escape its pull.

Later, Price told MyFOXdfw.com that he believed it and other terms were racist.

"So if it's 'angel food cake,' it's white. If it's 'devil's food cake,' it's black. If you're the 'black sheep of the family,' then you gotta be bad, you know. 'White sheep,' you're okay. You know?" Price said.

Price said people should watch their words when it comes to stereotypes.

"I think people should always be careful. You know, I'm okay if I'm 'bartering' with you. ... But if I try to 'Jew you down,' Oooooh. Is that racist? I thought it meant the same thing? No, maybe it doesn't."

The world-renowned physicist Stephen Hawking might have a solution to the problem over perception of the astronomical term. He refers to the phenomenon as "a singularity."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,380143,00.html

·
Registered
115 Posts
What a load of ****..... if you are not educated enough to understand what is said lets call it racist and lets get our 15 min of fame by making a big fuss about it

Lets just take the black and white out of every word to make everyone happy

Whitehouse no no it is now Naturalhouse
Blackhole is now lightlesshole
What ever these word and all like them have been around longer than racism so when does it stop?
:-x Racism and reverse racism
well my .02 does not matter so I will get off my :!:

Judge by deeds not color

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If all the power (electricity) went out in his city, I wonder what he would call it? :x

If no one would hire him and his name was put on a "list" by everyone in his profession... What would he call it? :x

I wonder how he divides up his laundry loads... :x

If he went to Louisiana, and ordered a redfish dinner that gets cooked on an iron skillet - what would he ask for? :x

WHen the resurface the street in his town - what does he call that dark stuff that sometimes get used :x

On the flipside... When he makes a mistake on his paperwork... And he grabs something to fix the mistake... I wonder what he calls that :x

When his child wants to watch "Snow XXX and the 7 Dwarfs," what movie does he ask for? :x

·
Registered
350 Posts
bah same thing like on orielly during christmas time, some douchebag was saying "White Christmas" is racist, why couldnt it be a Black Christmas

Orielly simply said, "because last time i checked, snow was white"

:lol: :lol:

morons

·
Banned
112 Posts
I really thought that was a joke article and kept waiting for you to say, "April Fools" or something.
Some acts of stupidity simply leave you speechless. When will 'they' (the race baiters) run out of things to complain about? My goodness! Black holes as a racist comment? I swear, that has got to be the most foolish thing I've ever heard.

·
Registered
350 Posts
maybe if this black commissioner passed science class he would have known otherwise

Black hole
An area of space-time with a gravitational field so intense that its escape velocity is equal to or exceeds the speed of light.
A great void; an abyss: The government created a bureaucratic black hole that swallows up individual initiative.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Adosh said:
maybe if this black commissioner passed science class he would have known otherwise

Black hole
An area of space-time with a gravitational field so intense that its escape velocity is equal to or exceeds the speed of light.
A great void; an abyss: The government created a bureaucratic black hole that swallows up individual initiative.

Or maybe he could learn to read, and then buy a dictionary? :lol:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Is it racist to say i don't like black coffee b/c its too bitter and bland?
Or what about saying i dont like wearing dark clothes b/c it attracts too much heat....or i dont like to be outside at night b/c its too dark out... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
164 Posts
I heard it on the news and thought maybe he misunderstood and thought that what was said was "black ho." Then he was interviewed and came out with the Angel Food / Devils Food comparison and I realized that the reason there will never be peace between Blacks/Whites, Christians/Muslims, Zionist/Muslims, Shiites/Zunis, and the list goes on and on is because some people have such humongous racial chips on their shoulders that they just can't let it be.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts