FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Texas man turned away from voting booth over pro-gun Second Amendment T-shirt

Full story at : Texas man turned away from voting booth over pro-gun Second Amendment T-shirt | Fox News

Chris Driskill says he went to his polling place last week but was prohibited from voting because he was wearing a black T-shirt with a logo on the front and back reading, “2nd Amendment -- America’s Original Homeland Security, ” KHOU 11 News reported.

The words encircle a skull and crossbones where the “bones” are short-barrel pistol grip shotguns.

"I heard a gentleman's voice over my shoulder say ‘he can't vote with that shirt on. You'll have to either turn it inside out or you'll have to leave,’” Driskill said of his polling place encounter at the Walker County Courthouse in Hempstead, a Houston suburb.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Those look like revolvers in the picture supplied, not pistol grip shotguns. So is wearing a pin with a candidate's name on it also against the law? What about all of those bumper stickers? If someone wears a monstertruck or nascar clothing item, does that mean they are against the EPA and other environmental political agendas and therefore makes them a campaigner? This is ignorant.

Reactions: skoot61

·
Registered
284 Posts
I actually like the tee shirt he wore.. Anyone know where to get one?

“2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Amendment -- America’s Original Homeland Security, ”

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I think I would have called the law down there and really pushed for trying to take my voting rights away. I would push it as far as I could.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't understand why stuff like this even makes news. If it's the local law that says, no campaigning for any candidate, measure or political party", why push it?

Un needed attention imo.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I don't understand why stuff like this even makes news. If it's the local law that says, no campaigning for any candidate, measure or political party", why push it?

Un needed attention imo.
Forgive me if I misunderstand what you are saying, but what candidate or political party is "the 2nd Amendment"?

The Constitution is for all parties and candidates, in fact you can be neither in this country unless you swear to uphold the Constitution, so in a way his T-shirt was the most party-neutral thing he could possibly wear. A red or blue solid colored shirt would have been more partisan than this.

It's not even a "measure" as it is already pretty firmly in the books.

Even the reference to DHS would not fall within these definitions, in case they later come out to say that was what they objected to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts