FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy from the great state of Texas! Well I finally joined the club and am the proud new owner of a 17S. Have been on the fence for a really long time and was persuaded with the help of some fellow Scar owners. I've owned and shot a FAL for about 12 years and the Scar is a natural evolution for me. I'm looking forward to learning more and adding to my kit. Possibly a longer barrel, toolkit and cleaning kit eventually. Thanks for having me - FDE17S

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Sure are a lot of texans here. I visited Texas once on business, and my host, knowing that I consider myself a north carolina barbecue expert, took me out for BBQ. Well, I'm used to pork BBQ here in Carolina. My friend introduced me to beef BBQ...no sauce. It was the best food I.ve ever had. I'll never forget the little place. It was called rudi's and it was across the street from Leon springs dance hall. I couldn't tell you what town or city. I know we were outside of San Antonio. If all BBQ in Texas is this good...I'm envious.

·
Registered
716 Posts

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Sure are a lot of texans here. I visited Texas once on business, and my host, knowing that I consider myself a north carolina barbecue expert, took me out for BBQ. Well, I'm used to pork BBQ here in Carolina. My friend introduced me to beef BBQ...no sauce. It was the best food I.ve ever had. I'll never forget the little place. It was called rudi's and it was across the street from Leon springs dance hall. I couldn't tell you what town or city. I know we were outside of San Antonio. If all BBQ in Texas is this good...I'm envious.
Great place! I live minutes away from Rudy's.

Welcome to the OP! :)

·
Registered
824 Posts
The dance hall was great, I loved the wholesome atmosphere. I saw age groups ranging from kids to grandparents...with everyone having a great time. Rudy's was out of this world good. I'll never forget ordering my meal and having it served on wax paper...no plate. I ate so much brisket and cream corn that night. You are blessed to be in that community.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Leon springs is a fun little place to hang out. We have an amazing pizza place out here now too. If you ever find yourself out here again, drop me a PM, well grab some bar b q and beers on me!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks to everyone for such a warm welcome - I'm feeling right at home here and already planning my next FN purchase, an FNX40. I'm actually from West Texas but DFW is where I call home for the past 17 or so years. No doubt about, there is some of the best BBQ you ever had round here. Regards -

1 - 20 of 21 Posts