FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to thank all the contibuters to a trouble free first time at the range with my new fnx-45.

First off I left the slide locked back for a week as well as loaded up the magazines and let them sit as well.

I did have to round the corners of the magazine release as was described here. Also, the magazine release spring was in backwards which was causing the mag release to be very sticky.

I also had the issue with magazines not dropping free, either full or empty. To fix that I filed down the internal ribs of the mag well just a bit near the base of the well. This allowed the mags to freely drop.

During my range time I put 50rnds of UMC 230 grain, 50 rnds of federal small primer 230 grn, 50rnds of PMC 185grn JHP and 100rnds of 230grn berry's plated over 5 grn of bullseye with not a single cycle problem and the accuracy of all the rounds fired was outstanding. There were plenty of 2 inch and less groups at about 15-20 ft (outdoor range no distance markers...bedt guess).

Thanks again to everyone who helped my new FN be a success!!

Attachments

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Good to hear your range trip went well!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
:welcomesigntb3: to the Forum, really easy to chew through 250 rounds and more during a range session 'cause it's fun to shoot the 45X!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts