Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
April Fools! :p

·
Registered
912 Posts
Is there a bullet/explosive combination that would make this story plausible? I suspect the sniper would have been using a FMJ bullet (or maybe a HPBT for accuracy reasons), but what could you build a vest with that would explode on contact? I am not up on the current trends, but I would not think they would be using something like Tannerite in their vests. The only thing I can think of is that the insurgent had his finger on the trigger for the vest, and in some way he detonated it as he was shot.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Is there a bullet/explosive combination that would make this story plausible? I suspect the sniper would have been using a FMJ bullet (or maybe a HPBT for accuracy reasons), but what could you build a vest with that would explode on contact? I am not up on the current trends, but I would not think they would be using something like Tannerite in their vests. The only thing I can think of is that the insurgent had his finger on the trigger for the vest, and in some way he detonated it as he was shot.
Dynamite can be set off by a bullet. Some explosives are pretty sensitive to high velocity strikes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts