FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I'm a happy camper.

Here is a comparison between the FNP-45 on the left and the FNP-40 on the right.

It is larger than the 40 to be sure, but even in my smaller hands it is quite comfortable. (Especially after installing the flat back strap).

The ergos of the controls are well placed, although the decocker is in a different location than the 40, but it is not a difficult transition in any way. the ambidextrous mag release is a nice feature. It is a tad stiff, but so was my 40's when I first got it. All three mags drop free without fail using the control from either side.

The sights are slightly taller than the 40's are, but this is good IMHO as they are very easy to pick up, and present a very good sight picture.

Sorry, I don't have any .45 snap caps so no accurate trigger report. I did let it off while holding the hammer between my fingers so it would not snap forward and let off seemed ok, but only actual firing will tell the tale.

Range report sometime this weekend.

BTW the test date on the cartridge envelope was 1/28/08

·
Registered
414 Posts
Nice.. but why are you afraid to dry-fire your gun?
Moderns firearms , unless explicitly warned against, are safe from breaking firingpins.
Also can you take a picture comparing the two guns thickness wise from the back?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Houston we have a problem.

See new post for details...

:(

·
Registered
173 Posts
Also can you take a picture comparing the two guns thickness wise from the back?
+1

Some stacked photos of the grip too, please.

sorry about your barrel problem BlitzPig. I bet I would have tried to fire the gun without even checking--then boom! I will check all new/used firearms from now on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts