FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
@brokegun makes a valid point, GP has logged in more than once since HK's reply. There are numerous valid posts that are entirely ignored, likely because GP is stumped and won't require a lengthy liberal reply.

What was the best so far was GP's explanation of subsonic vs supersonic ammo with PhD level amusing meant to impress information. It did however leave out two extremely important matters that go a long way towards making a subsonic projectile sound suppressable. One, ambient temperature only ballisticians and knowledgeable shooters know this, the second, barometric pressure.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Nice 509T. Just out of curiosity, you obviously have little experience with firearms based on previous conversations. I dare say that you have put less than 1k rounds through your 509T if that. So why the light and red dot?

Don't you feel that you would require at least hundred hours of firearms training prior to making a decision on a light and sighting system to augment your learned and practiced skills?

I get that it "tacticool" to have these on your firearm to show to others in your click but if your light and or sight fail, do you feel you have the training to sufficiently overcome these failed obstacles should you wind up in a self defense or even an offensive situation should you be inside your house?

I suspect that you have had some official training, but in less than 3 months are you really confident enough that these aren't more of a hindrance at the time.

I know you are not me (thank the Almighty) but it took me years and years to feel proficient enough to warrant the additional add on's.

Just curious as to how your thinking is on this.
Thank you, HK. I have a bit north of 800 rounds through my 509t. I purchased the red dot, because I'd been hearing a lot about them and wanted to try one out myself. Plus, they do look cool. ;)

As I and others have mentioned, the light came free as a promo from FN.

I agree, it would take many, many hours to become an expert pistol shooter, with or without a red dot. I freely admit I am not an expert. Using a red dot is definitely different than iron sights. Especially for those with extensive training on iron sights, I could see that it would take a lot of training to become comfortable with it. I do like the fact that when using the red dot, I can keep both eyes open, focused on the target, and still aim accurately. Perhaps because I don't have much previous pistol shooting experience, using the red dot seems neither more nor less difficult to me than using the sights--it's just different. YMMV. I can aim about as fast with iron sights as I do with the red dot, which is to say, slowly. As LBC mentions, I find that when I concentrate on my technique and present the gun to the target, the red dot is almost always right there. Obviously I need more practice, but I'm working on it. I plan on taking a red dot training course once the covid situation is under control.

God forbid I ever need to use any firearm in self-defense. As SeaMac says you have to have all the fundamentals of proper firearms technique while under a huge amount of stress. The only way to handle that well is enough training that it becomes instinctual. HK, one of the nice things about the 509t is that it has suppressor-height night sights that co-witness the red dot (at least once you zero the red dot). If you don't like red dots or if the battery craps out, you can just ignore it and use the iron sights. Personally, I would never want to have a pistol with just a MRD sight.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
I can answer the questions for her...because she is a fake. This is why she has not responded for three hours. From her posts, she can’t shut up, but you start asking good detective questions, then you get silence. She hardly had the gun, and she was asking technical questions about ammo accuracy...kind of like what people do who are trying to be accepted by a girlfriend or a group of friends, they research something they know nothing about and try to sound cool to impress the group. She has only posted a few gun questions and comments, just to get her scaled foot in the door. If you read her ammo question, the FN members were intuitively skeptical. Since then, it has been an incessant pool of divisive commie crap. She is a liar. Besides, she claims she is a guy and she described snow as pretty. Any FN man who describes snow as pretty should be banned on the spot.
Brokegun, my pronouns are "he/him/his". Now you (and everybody else) know and you can stop being childish about it! I mean seriously, I am supposed to feel upset or that my masculinity is threatened becuase some idiots on the internet purposefully refer to me "she" or "her"? Get over yourselves!

Turns out, I had several better ways of spending my time for the last few hours, like finishing up some things for work, sitting down to dinner, and spending some quality time with my family. Time well spent.

I have never presented myself as an expert on firearms. I have asked newbie questions, because I'm a handgun noob. You don't know me or my motivations. You falsely accuse me of lying.

Ultimately, you can't deal with the fact that my political beliefs are different than yours and I have the "nerve" to post on this site. Deal with it. Act like an adult!

"Good detective questions"? LOL...

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
@brokegun makes a valid point, GP has logged in more than once since HK's reply. There are numerous valid posts that are entirely ignored, likely because GP is stumped and won't require a lengthy liberal reply.

What was the best so far was GP's explanation of subsonic vs supersonic ammo with PhD level amusing meant to impress information. It did however leave out two extremely important matters that go a long way towards making a subsonic projectile sound suppressable. One, ambient temperature only ballisticians and knowledgeable shooters know this, the second, barometric pressure.
No, actually @brokegun's point was full of crap, see the above post. Do you really have nothing better to do than to check how often the system says I log in?

Glad you appreciated my answer, Seamac. Turns out, having a Ph.D. and all, I do know physics. The answer I gave was in direct response to a question about the science of what is going on. I wasn't trying to impress anybody, merely to answer the question.

Also, FYI, it's widely known by anyone with a moderate understanding of fluid mechanics (not just ballistics experts and knowledgeable shooters) that the speed of sound is dependent on temperature and pressure.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Your so brain washed.
Of course I am. Thanks for pointing out the obvious. I didn't really see poll workers covering windows nor did I see poll workers tell everyone to leave then pull out boxes of ballots hidden under tables cover with black table covers. I didn't see them run the ballots through multiple times after all poll workers left.

You are so right. All the mainstream media and GP told me that those things are perfectly fine to do during free and fair elections. Free and fair actually means to hide and in the cover of darkness to do whatever they want. Only brain washed people believe free and fair means open and honest.

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
Your so brain washed.
Of course I am. Thanks for pointing out the obvious. I didn't really see poll workers covering windows nor did I see poll workers tell everyone to leave then pull out boxes of ballots hidden under tables cover with black table covers. I didn't see them run the ballots through multiple times after all poll workers left.

You are so right. All the mainstream media and GP told me that those things are perfectly fine to do during free and fair elections. Free and fair actually means to hide and in the cover of darkness to do whatever they want. Only brain washed people believe free and fair means open and honest.
You needn't pay no mind to anyone who don't be knowin' the correct usage of your and you're. It usually means their own brains have been thoroughly cleansed even of a modicum of intelligence.

·
Registered
983 Posts

Reactions: Ironminer

·
Banned
659 Posts
You needn't pay no mind to anyone who don't be knowin' the correct usage of your and you're. It usually means their own brains have been thoroughly cleansed even of a modicum of intelligence.
Now we got the ****ing Spelling Police. Sheesh, please go away you mental midget, Pronto Sport!!!

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
Now we got the ****ing Spelling Police. Sheesh, please go away you mental midget, Pronto Sport!!!
For someone well into their 70's you certainly don't demonstrate much intelligence yourself there Tex...

·
Banned
659 Posts
For someone well into their 70's you certainly don't demonstrate much intelligence yourself there Tex...
I would say FUC...,uh, but then I be sounding like your, uh, I won't even go there either. Now a brain twister for you. Is it to, too, two? That should be easy for any good spelling bee champ such as yourself SeaScum (sorry, I couldn't help myself Sport)...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thank you, HK. I have a bit north of 800 rounds through my 509t. I purchased the red dot, because I'd been hearing a lot about them and wanted to try one out myself. Plus, they do look cool. ;)

As I and others have mentioned, the light came free as a promo from FN.

I agree, it would take many, many hours to become an expert pistol shooter, with or without a red dot. I freely admit I am not an expert. Using a red dot is definitely different than iron sights. Especially for those with extensive training on iron sights, I could see that it would take a lot of training to become comfortable with it. I do like the fact that when using the red dot, I can keep both eyes open, focused on the target, and still aim accurately. Perhaps because I don't have much previous pistol shooting experience, using the red dot seems neither more nor less difficult to me than using the sights--it's just different. YMMV. I can aim about as fast with iron sights as I do with the red dot, which is to say, slowly. As LBC mentions, I find that when I concentrate on my technique and present the gun to the target, the red dot is almost always right there. Obviously I need more practice, but I'm working on it. I plan on taking a red dot training course once the covid situation is under control.

God forbid I ever need to use any firearm in self-defense. As SeaMac says you have to have all the fundamentals of proper firearms technique while under a huge amount of stress. The only way to handle that well is enough training that it becomes instinctual. HK, one of the nice things about the 509t is that it has suppressor-height night sights that co-witness the red dot (at least once you zero the red dot). If you don't like red dots or if the battery craps out, you can just ignore it and use the iron sights. Personally, I would never want to have a pistol with just a MRD sight.
All you did in your response was agree and quote other real members with real gun experience. No substance, just more GPBS. Your guns looks in good shape for 800 rounds through it. How about taking a picture of your gun with today’s liberal newspaper with the date, and take a picture of it with your dog, and in your family room with your ammo stash? It would also be nice to see the receipt as well, and then I would drop the case of you falsifying possession of a firearm. Before you get snide or should I say react normally, you can hide personal info on the receipt, but the date would be important. I am sure you have time now...so let’s see the pics.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
All you did in your response was agree and quote other real members with real gun experience. No substance, just more GPBS. Your guns looks in good shape for 800 rounds through it. How about taking a picture of your gun with today’s liberal newspaper with the date, and take a picture of it with your dog, and in your family room with your ammo stash? It would also be nice to see the receipt as well, and then I would drop the case of you falsifying possession of a firearm. Before you get snide or should I say react normally, you can hide personal info on the receipt, but the date would be important. I am sure you have time now...so let’s see the pics.
Well, Brokegun, peace be with you! Stop doubting and believe. Here is a picture of my 509T with today's Denver Post. I've included a closeup of the front page so you can more easily read the date. As per your request, I've also attached a picture of my gun with my dog in my family room with my ammo. You don't get to see my gun receipt (since I have said elsewhere on this forum that my LGS sold me the 509T with the 2 24-rd and 1 17-rd magazines in violation of the Colorado magazine law, I am not going to identify them), but you said that was a "nice to have". I hope you are satisfied.

·
Premium Member
14,095 Posts
Stop doubting and believe. Here is a picture of my 509T with today's Denver Post. I've included a closeup of the front page so you can more easily read the date. As per your request, I've also attached a picture of my gun with my dog in my family room with my ammo. You don't get to see my gun receipt (since I have said elsewhere on this forum that my LGS sold me the 509T with the 2 24-rd and 1 17-rd magazines in violation of the Colorado magazine law, I am not going to identify them), but you said that was a "nice to have". I hope you are satisfied.
View attachment 139542

View attachment 139541

View attachment 139539
The pictures have obviously been Photoshopped! lol!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Why would you endanger your dog like that? There should be a lock on that gun. You need to make your kids pick up the Nerf gun bullets and have your spouse vacuum. Other than that, I am surprised you followed through with my requests. Welcome to the FN forum, and for the good of our forum and the productivity output of your NGO, please limit political posts to three-and-a-half a day.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Well, Brokegun, peace be with you! Stop doubting and believe. Here is a picture of my 509T with today's Denver Post. I've included a closeup of the front page so you can more easily read the date. As per your request, I've also attached a picture of my gun with my dog in my family room with my ammo. You don't get to see my gun receipt (since I have said elsewhere on this forum that my LGS sold me the 509T with the 2 24-rd and 1 17-rd magazines in violation of the Colorado magazine law, I am not going to identify them), but you said that was a "nice to have". I hope you are satisfied.
View attachment 139542

View attachment 139541

View attachment 139539
Great pics of your FN509T with your 24 round mags in Colorado. Is that two 24 round mags and one 17 round mag?

Just a quick question, do you believe that no one is above the law?

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Great pics of your FN509T with your 24 round mags in Colorado. Is that two 24 round mags and one 17 round mag?

Just a quick question, do you believe that no one is above the law?
I do believe that no one is above the law. That is a picture of two 24 round mags and one 17 round mag that have each been permanently modified to accept no more than 15 rounds, and are thus in compliance with Colorado law.

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
I do believe that no one is above the law. That is a picture of two 24 round mags and one 17 round mag that have each been permanently modified to accept no more than 15 rounds, and are thus in compliance with Colorado law.
Then you would agree that your initial purchase was a crime in Colorado? You would also have to agree that not turning in the dealer who sold you illegal high capacity magazines makes you an accessory after the fact, also a crime? You would therefore have to agree, that your multiple posts admitting to criminal behavior is irrefutable firsthand NOT hearsay evidence you have broken the law? You would also have to agree that you have freely admitted in a public forum that you were completely aware you purchased and possessed illegal high capacity magazines? And of course you would have to agree that once your identity was made public you admitted it was in fact YOU? And lastly, you would have to agree that agreeing to post a photo of said firearm and previously illegal magazines confirming possession and ownership along with a detailed explanation of illegality was probably NOT in your best interest?

You certainly are special aren't you? Being a PhD you are familiar with the term "screen shot" correct?

61 - 80 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.