FN Herstal Firearms banner

Will you opt to take the Covid-19 vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 77.8%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By all accounts the side effects are going to be most unpleasant. After receiving the first dose you must return a few weeks later for the second and final dose meaning more unpleasantness. Plus, it appears there might be a national registry of those vaccinated.

I'm not so sure I will be one of those who lines up for the vaccine. What about you, will you take it?

·
Registered
621 Posts
You pretty much nailed it... I will NOT be taking it (Being HIGH RISK) until I see that it works and know what SIDE EFFECTS to expect... Are the side effects worse than the Plague itself ??? I LOVE those medicine commercials that ramble on for 15 minutes (it seems) telling you of all the possible side effects. And it needs to be CERTIFIED before this old guy takes it...

·
Premium Member
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One of my concerns is this, if the medical community does not with full transparency inform the public of the side effects ER's will quickly be overwhelmed. I don't believe ER's and hospitals need anymore patients at the moment. I'm fairly certain most are operating at or near capacity.

·
Administrator
11,696 Posts
I am more concerned of a unseen variant of C19 that will be caused by this vaccination, which will be more deadly, and will devour those vaccinated. Like a shark drawn to blood.....

But it is just as likely that those of us who choose not to be vaccinated will be fodder for this yet unseen variant, or even C19 itself.

It's a tough choice....screwed if you do, screwed if you don't.

I prefer the natural immunization over the man made one.....one of the reasons I have not done flu shots since '86. BTW, I have not gotten the flu since before '86.

I am a firm believer that Mother Nature balances the planet when it gets out of whack. Well, its so out of whack right now that She will balance the planet no matter what man does to try to prevent it.

I think this is just the beginning of a massive population reduction.

·
Premium Member
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like my odds of hiding out in the mountains and the only contact I have with humans (besides the wife) is through one of my rifle scopes, before it is PROVEN !!!
I'm with you on this! While I'd pefer to believe the "warp speed" in development is mostly due to technological advances I still have reasonable doubts. Far too many times have I watched commercials about the latest and greatest medicine being pushed by big pharma. Not too many years after you see the med's name again in commercials. The difference is the new commercials are from law firms.

I do hope the vaccines work, only time will tell the true efficacy and long term side effects. Another concern is for those who test positive for antibodies then take the vaccine, what happens to them?

Too many uncertainties and I have no desire to be big pharma's guinea pig. The last time I did that, I had to have that extra ear removed from an elbow...

·
Premium Member
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think this is just the beginning of a massive population reduction.
And that HK, is probably more true and accurate than anyone realizes! I think it as well, this isn't over, it's only beginning...

·
Premium Member
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think it should be mandatory all the liberals get vaccinated first! lol!
What's scary is, AFAIK medical workers, first responders and those with high risk factors (the elderly) are supposed to get inoculated first. Can you imagine if this goes bad...

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
What's scary is, AFAIK medical workers, first responders and those with high risk factors (the elderly) are supposed to get inoculated first. Can you imagine if this goes bad...
Both my brothers are in medical and had covid last month. They are hoping they won’t need to take the vaccine. They are sure it will work to solve our current problem but are scared about the down the line factor like five years from now. We only have a few months of data on these vaccines. We don’t know the long term ramifications like maybe it’s cancerous or bad for the heart. Or like hk said make us susceptible to the next covid.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Soon as they remove the language absolving the vaccine manufacturers from any liability we might start to take it seriously. Until then... more do-nothing feel-good control measures. I'm sure they'll eventually tattoo you with a barcode that shows you're up to date on your vaccines before you can go into any business. What are they going to do when next year's WuFlu comes out? Shut down the world for a year again until the next vaccine is developed?

Yep...

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
I, for one, will line up to take any approved COVID vaccine ASAP. I will take my family with me. I'd gladly take any (so far, small) risk of (minor) side effects over the risk of getting COVID. It would be literally stupid not to. Vaccines have saved more human lives than any human invention outside of soap and public sanitation (i.e. not dumping your own excrement out the window every morning...) Are you people insane?

COVID doesn't freaking care about your politics! It's a real virus. It's nasty. From non-existence one year ago, it has become the third leading cause of death in the USA. Think about that!!! And if all you have to do is get a shot (or maybe two) to prevent you from getting it or spreading it to those whom you love, WTF?

We all have to (or at least we all SHOULD) wear masks and reduce our social contacts to keep ourselves and our loved ones safe. F(*&^ yeah, I'm goning to get a vaccine. I don't want to live like this anymore than is neccesary to keep my family and my fellow humans safe!!!!!

·
Registered
640 Posts
It wasn't that many decades ago that when most individuals received an immunization derived from "live" viruses, you could always count on receiving a "reaction" (fever, aches, fatigue, etc.) for some period of time afterwards. We've become so spoiled by and accustomed to today's "miracles of modern medicine", vaccines created from "dead" viruses, tiny gauge needles, etc, that we've all but forgotten the unpleasantness of the "reaction" that always followed an immunization.

So, the current discussion of the possibility of developing "side effects" from the COVID-19 vaccination is not that big of a deal to those of us "seasoned" enough to remember "the good old days". I'll take the vaccines just because I've reached that stage of life where I'm not really looking at multiple decades into the future. While I'm not to the point of living my life day to day, I'm no longer really concerned about what may or may not happen to me because of this vaccine in 10, 20 or 30 years...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well I have been personally told by two different MD's within the last 6 weeks that the Covid tests are wildly inaccurate. One went on to state to the point of being useless. Their words not mine. Don't think I'll be in a hurry to take a vaccine for something that they have not been capable of developing a accurate detection test for as of yet. Someone once said only fools rush in.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts