FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Chilling Detail, NYC Coed Recounts Horrifying Rape, Torture

NEW YORK — A Columbia University graduate student who was raped and tortured during 19 hours of nightmarish sadism pointed out Monday the man on trial for the attack as the one who drove her to ask for death and try to kill herself.

Her gaze steady and her jaw tightly set, the 24-year-old woman pointed directly at Robert Williams in court Monday when asked whether she saw her attacker in the courtroom.

The woman identified him as she resumed testimony she had begun Friday to describe an almost unimaginable ordeal of searing pain, degradation and fear at the hands of her attacker.

Williams, a 31-year-old ex-convict who had refused to come to court Friday but was forced to appear Monday, stared straight ahead.

His lawyer, Arnold Levine, agreed that the identification hurt the defendant, although Williams has offered no discernible defense.

"It's always damning when a witness identifies your client," he said.

Levine had no questions for the witness after her direct testimony.

The witness described at least seven instances of rape, sodomy and forced oral sex over the 19 hours her assailant was in her apartment in upper Manhattan.

At one point, the woman testified she was able to grab a pair of scissors the man had made her use to cut her shoulder-length hair to an inch long in some spots.

"I tried to stab him in the neck," she testified, adding that she cut two of her fingers on the scissors' blades. "He grabbed my hand and threw me into the corner."

The witness said she tried to stab Williams because "when he started raping me again, I was sure I was going to die."

"I asked him, 'How does this end?' and he said, 'You know how this ends,'" she testified. "I took that to mean he was going to kill me."

During the ordeal, the attacker also forced her to ingest massive doses of painkillers that caused liver failure, and ordered her to gouge out her own eyes with a butcher's knife.

When she refused, she said he twice threw bleach in her face in an attempt to blind her.

"I was burning all over," the woman said. "He threw the rest of the bleach into my face, but I was able to close my eyes in time. I was breathing it in. My lungs were burning.

"I was trying to pretend that I couldn't see so he wouldn't pour more bleach in my face. I was nearly hysterical. I was shaking and crying."

She said that when Williams started to gather up her things, as if preparing to leave, that was the first time she thought, "I might get out alive," and she started to memorize his features and scars.

Williams later twice poured boiling water over her and sliced her eyelids with the knife, the woman said. Prosecutors showed photographs of her scarred eyelids to the jury.

It was after the second scalding that she asked her attacker to kill her.

"I was screaming and crying and in so much pain and agony," she testified. "I said, 'Just kill me. You know you're going to kill me anyway. Just kill me.'"

But the torturer refused, telling her, "No, you're not good enough for that," the witness said.

The assailant again ordered the woman to stab out her own eyes. This time she nodded her head to indicate she would do it.

"I was in so much pain I decided to aim for my neck, and if I died it would be so much quicker than how he was going to do it," the woman testified. She said she fell toward the knife he had propped up in a pile of clothes, but she missed.

She said this enraged the attacker, and "he hit me with something really heavy." She said she believed it was her TV set or record turntable.

The woman said that after slashing her eyelids her attacker began "beating my face, my eye sockets, with the blunt end of the knife," and she screamed until she blacked out.

When she woke, she was alone in her fifth-floor apartment and tied to the frame of her futon sofa bed. Her attacker had started a fire, and soon she smelled smoke. She moved the futon and saw flames behind it.

The woman said she tried but failed to undo her bonds, so she tried to burn them off. The fire "was spreading really fast," but she was able to break free of the futon frame and run out the front door.

Downstairs she found a middle-aged couple who took her to their apartment building superintendent. He helped her get free of the cords and cables she was tied with, and the other man called 911.

The woman said she was hospitalized 2 1/2 weeks in three institutions, including a special burn facility. After months of physical therapy and outpatient burn treatment, her movement and mobility have returned to normal, she said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,364983,00.html

·
Registered
373 Posts
I almost used this story in a case study assignment, he really is a scum bag and will recidivate if given the chance. From another news article this man committed a murder as a juvenile, case file is sealed because it was committed as a juvenile, and was only recently released for attemped murder for which he served 8 years. I too agree with the death penalty for this individual, he is nothing but a sadistic rapist murdering recidivist.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I read that one yesterday. Part of me wants him to experience the same treatment for a few days and then put him out of his misery, but that's not right. Just hang him and be done with it.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Treat thy neighbor as you would want to be treated. I say give him a taste of his own medicine for a few days.

·
Registered
305 Posts
This scumbag was found guilty Tuesday 6-24-08..... He won't get what he deserves though, but I guess its a start.....

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ex-Con Found Guilty of 19-Hour Rape, Torture of NYC Coed

NEW YORK — An ex-convict was found guilty Tuesday in the rape and torture of a Columbia University graduate student who survived 19 hours of nightmarish sadism in which he scalded her with boiling water and attempted to blind her before trying to burn her to death.

Robert Williams was convicted of attempted murder, rape, kidnapping, arson and other charges in the attack, which was so prolonged and agonizing that the victim begged her tormentor to kill her and later tried to kill herself.

The verdict followed a gruesome trial that included dramatic testimony from the victim, who said the 31-year-old Williams made her swallow fistfuls of painkillers, ordered her to gouge out her eyes with scissors, sealed her lips with super glue and gagged her with duct tape before torching her apartment.

Williams, who was found guilty of all but two of 46 counts, was not in court to hear the verdict read. The judge said that when Williams was told a verdict had been reached, he simply turned over in his courthouse cell and went back to sleep.

"He didn't have any more reaction to that than he has had to anything else," said Williams' attorney Arnold Levine.

The victim and her relatives, in the front row of the courtroom, showed no reaction while the verdicts were read. Her father, on behalf of the family, later declined to comment.

RelatedStories
In Chilling Detail, NYC Coed Recounts Horrifying Rape, Torture Williams, who previously served eight years in prison for attempted murder, could get a life sentence at a hearing set for July 24.

When the trial began June 5, prosecutor Ann Prunty told jurors that Williams had violated the victim "in every way imaginable — and in some ways unimaginable," then tried to finish her off by burning her alive.

The evidence against Williams included DNA from the victim found on a shirt he was wearing when he was arrested and DNA from him on one of the woman's T-shirts. The victim also identified him in court.

The woman told teary jurors Williams repeatedly raped and sodomized her, scalded her with boiling water, threw bleach at her eyes in an attempt to blind her and slit her eyelids during the excruciating torture in her upper Manhattan apartment.

Tied up and left unconscious to die in a fire her attacker set in her apartment, the woman woke up and used the flames to burn through some of her restraints and escape what might have become her crematorium.

Prunty credited the victim's intelligence and mental toughness with helping her survive, despite the emotional and physical pain.

The victim testified that she memorized features and scars of her torturer while trying to connect with him — even asking about his taste in music — and trying to convince him she wouldn't identify him to authorities.

The nearly three-week trial was unusual in that the defendant was in court just once for a few hours. He was forced to show up on the day the victim testified and pointed him out to the jury as her rapist and torturer.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,371121,00.html

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Drag the scumbag behind a truck for a 1/4 mile. Get out and pour salt over him, When the screaming stops.-REPEAT steps 1 and 2. :twisted:

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you think this is bad, and it is, there is another case in Georgia where two college students, (boyfriend and girlfriend), who were tortured, raped/sodomized and then killed after a couple of days. It never made the prime time news as they stated, (the prime time news companies), that is was not news worthy or a hate crime. I will try and find the article, but it was very similar to this one. The five attackers, I mean animals, were tried and convicted. I believe they threw one of the bodies out of their apt. window rolled in a rug or blanket. It happened, I believe last year. It is very disturbing, to say the least, as to what people will do to each other. I am glad for ccw.

·
Registered
630 Posts
patw said:
If you think this is bad, and it is, there is another case in Georgia where two college students, (boyfriend and girlfriend), who were tortured, raped/sodomized and then killed after a couple of days. It never made the prime time news as they stated, (the prime time news companies), that is was not news worthy or a hate crime. I will try and find the article, but it was very similar to this one. The five attackers, I mean animals, were tried and convicted. I believe they threw one of the bodies out of their apt. window rolled in a rug or blanket. It happened, I believe last year. It is very disturbing, to say the least, as to what people will do to each other. I am glad for ccw.
that is because the victims are white and the criminals are black and beleive it or not many in america consider it acceptabke behavoir because of slavery

1 - 10 of 10 Posts