FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Great looking rifle!

I am waiting for my PBR XP .308... and trying to choose some glass for it... I will certainly post pics after the first trip to the range.

Cameron

·
Registered
9 Posts
FN PBR XP .308

Here is my PBR XP in .308 (20 inch brl.) with a Leupold 3.5x10 Mark 4 mild dot (and little brother Kimber Warrior .45) I like the A.R.M.S. detachable ring set up as it allows the scope to be changed from my .308 to my PBR XP in 300WSM (pic. in above post) which all have the same mil spec MOA rail, with only minor scope adjustment to get back to zero. Both of the XP's I have shoot under .75 moa at 100 yrds, are light and rugged at the same time. I am surprised there are not more people out there with these rigs, but they are relatively new. They use the same action and trigger as the Win Mod 70 pre-64 and I am informed they make them at the same facility that used to make the Mod. 70.
Good luck with your new rifle I am sure any quality glass will work well on these rifles.

·
Registered
256 Posts
You have a great setup there!

I am torn trying to figure out my scope!

M1 1/4 MOA or M2 1/2MOA with BDC and tall or short? I am thinking the M2 short with BDC for 168gr .308
Mil Dot or Tactical Milling? I am thinking Tactical Milling Reticle....
Front Focal or Illuminated? I am torn, with the Front Focal I can estimate range at any magnification setting but can't see it at night or vice versa....

Any help?

Thanks, again nice rifles you have!
Cameron

·
Registered
256 Posts
FN PBR XP .308Win
Leupold MK4 LR/T 4.5-14x50mm Tactical Milling Reticle
Harris Bipod, Vicker's Combat Applications Sling

·
Registered
9 Posts
FN PBR XP

Nice rig Cameron. I like the para-FAL great camo job. Who makes the two pt. OD sling on your FN XP? I would like a few of those. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sling is a Blue Force Gear "Vicker's Combat Applications Sling" designed by Larry Vickers. Approx $50 from a bunch of places. Really well made I have 5 of them now.

Cameron

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here is my new SPR A1 with IOR :? 4-14X50, and my own paint job!!

Photos were taken with a camera phone!!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Nice stuff Ranger. Were you in 3rd Bn? I was 2/75

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sua Sponte!! yep Aco 3/75 from 00-04 and im in the GA guard now, but i work with alot of other bn guys too so its a great time!!

1 - 20 of 160 Posts