FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
I gotta update this one to include the my Browning too! The FNP has pretty much become my primary pistol. I give them all the abuse I can and they keep on dancing.

Updated Pic. Yes, I like these pistols. :--(

·
Registered
34 Posts
Very nice....I sure am enjoying mine....I am starting to shoot the FNP9
just as good as my Glock 19....and thats a good thing... :D

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Well... did ya get one yet? :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone have the compact 9?

·
Registered
12 Posts
hmm I think I might want to get one of these now
I'll second that.......

I've not been a big polymer fan - I think Glock put me off somewhat. But these babies are looking FINE!!!! :?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have the compact model. I always look for reasons not to carry it. While it doesn't have the looks of a SIG, or USP, or something that really catches the eye, it does have stone dead reliability. I find I can shoot better and more comfortably with the FNP than I can with any other pistol I have. Recovery shots are quick, and even on warm loads you can barely feel the difference. The entire design of the pistol seem to me, just right. The heavy recoil spring in the thing thrives on warmer ammo, the thick removable slide rails, and the general thickness of the pistol gives it a fell of durability. I find the grip to be just right, it practically lines up the sights for you.

I wrote this some months back, b/c I was curious how relaible the FNP actually is:

http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=2177

Not particularly scientific, but I'm satisfied enough that the FNP9-M is my go to gun. 9mm is a tad on the anemic side for my taste in most loadings, but I think it would do well on the +P+ winchester 127gr out now.

Oh, I do have a couple gripes with the pistol. First is the sights. They're not terrible, but the top of the slide isn't flat, and they don't sit high enough off the slide to get a good picture (to me). Second is the fact that the slide can't be completely disassembled. It looks like they welded the firing pin stop in place, and I like to be able to scrub all the parts of my pistol (just a pet peeve, not an actual issue).

1 - 20 of 252 Posts