FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
11,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joe Lieberman (I) who was formally Joe Lieberman (D) was summoned to the Senate Office of Leader of the Senate Harry Ried (D) yesterday. Lieberman ran as an independent after losing his democratic nomination from Conn.

Lieberman (I), who usually votes to the center right and center on issues, made his stand with John McCain and even campaigned for him, which infruiated the Democartic Party. The icing on the cake was when Lieberman made a speech at the Republican National Convention in support of John McCain for President instead of Obama.

Lieberman (I) who is the Chairman on the Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee and holds other positions as well, was told yesterday that his positions were in jeopardy and that he could be shuned by the Democratic party in the future should he not ammend his ways and decide whether he realy is a member of the majority or not.

This is not a surprising move on the part of Reid as he intends to get his majority fillibuster proof senate one way or another. By offering Lieberman the chance to make ammends, he is one step closer to the needed 60 senate seats to shut down the Republican Party alltogether.

There are still 4 Senate seats that have yet to be decided due to recounts and run offs. One of the races involves former (and not very good comedian) Al Franken of Air America. Franken who was the voice of Air America, the failed Democratic response to the conservative radio talk shows, may claim yet another seat from the republicans.

What does this all mean? For us, it means that if Reid gets his fillibuster proof majority, much like Pelosi has unlimited reign of the House, the Democratic party will controll both the Legislative and Executive Branches of Government without concensus from the republicans.

With a very left leaning President Obama and the specter of both Reid and Pelosi supporting him, there will be massive legislative changes coming about that will run their course through the legislative process unfettered. Remember the 'bail out bill' that Pelosi championed and set for a vote the very next day with no option to even ammend - all this without consulting with Republicans? This will become a common occurance in the new Democratic controlled Legislative branch. Only the 'blue dog' democrates, those who are firmly in the left of center and center, will be the balance that may prevent the tipping of the scales to the extreme left. There will be some arm twisting and offers of new seats on committees to appease many of the blue dogs, and those that still object will become compliant with an infusion of pork barreled projects and billion of dollars in earmarks to their districts.

The question now becomes how much of a 'blue dog' democrat will Lieberman become and will he be able to temper the ultra left wing. Or will Lieberman be pushed and defect to the Republican party shutting down SML Reid's grandious plan.

Obama is right. Change is coming.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
nmscuba said:
I will just keep doing straight Republican tickets on my voting. Eventually they will be back in force.
Same here...

My county voted democratic for the first time in 15+ years. Aparently the inner city came out in force. Can't wait to get rid of Granholm. Remember the "you'll be blown away in 5 years" speach? People really were unfortunately.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Liberman is catching alot of heats from the dems...I would like to see him get fed up and become a republican.....so what if he was for McCain? They need to bury Barney Frank!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts