FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I managed to get my FNX-45 out for a break-in this weekend, and she ran perfectly. However, I got maybe 20 rounds in before the white dot in the front sight just... disappeared. I thought the dots were just painted into a concave surface?

It really doesn't make a difference when it comes to shooting, but the black void where a shiny white spot should be bugs me a little bit.

Has anyone had this happen? The way I see it I have two options. I can either grab some white paint and paint the hole or spring for tritium sights. Problem with the latter is that I don't know any gunsmiths and don't particularly trust myself to get new sights zeroed in.

Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
It's happened to few people. Some Testors will fix it up cheaply. Of course, like you said, it's a good excuse to upgrade to night sights.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
For keeping your sights zeroed, just mark where the original ones are with pencil and you can line up the new ones. I'd be more concerned with scratching the finish or breaking the sights personally.

·
Registered
604 Posts

·
Vendor
1,755 Posts
That's one of then sights from that on-line company "sight.com-out" ....

Personally, I don't like night sights. If it is dark enough that I can't see the sights, it's almost certainly too dark to identify my target, and you should not be shooting at someone you are not sure who it is.

for the other 98% of the time I use the sights, I'd rather have high contrast white which is brighter than the tritium material.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts