FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched "Collateral" a few times and love the scene where Tom Cruise does a "two to the chest, one to the head"

(Mozambique Drill) and have to say that I have practiced that drill with many pistols. Some we're mine, some weren't. Never tried it with the 5.7...but today we did! It did pretty well. My first time, I kind of jumped the gun and didn't use the sights. First two shots we're low and the head was right on. The more I did it, the more I liked it. A tad difficult to see where the shots we're landing. We used an SPO-99 "BLUE MAN" LETargets full sized silhouette.

For those of you looking to add some fun to your 5.7 shooting experience! Try that.

The reason behind this drill is to insure your "bad guy" drops. In case He's wearing armor, the head shot will finish him off.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Heh, h&K...I now want to do this with my seveN :?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Don't you do that with ALL your handguns? In fact, most of the time when shooting my AR's I do triple hammers (two to the chest & one to the head). Try it with a suppressed AR57 upper, it's a hoot as you can do it 16.6 times before you run dry.

MadDog :shock:

·
Registered
181 Posts
MOZAMBIQUE!!!!!! 8)

I found the Collateral clip I was looking for in another thread with slow motion and commentary:

What I want to know now is, why did Vincent swipe the thug's arm to his right, across his own body? That would seem unwise to me and might also obstruct Vincent's draw and first shots. I would think you would want to knock the thug's arm away from your own body, but what do I know?

I read on Wikipedia (so it must be true :D ) that the Mozambique drill was also created because after recovering from the first couple of hits subsequent non-nervous system shots may have little effect:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Failure_drill

·
Registered
181 Posts
Farmer Ted said:
Too bad in real life most people don't just drop when shot.
What!? Next you'll be telling us a 12 guage won't throw them back eight feet! :-D

·
Registered
150 Posts
the funny thing is i thought it was standard practice, when we drilled on the M9 it was taught to put two in the chest and one in the head , just not that fast or sly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts