FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey hey hey, great forum, lots of info to be found.

I'm searching for my first handgun/CCW. I have always liked the looks of the FNP and when I handled one yesterday it felt much better than any Glock or XD. The trigger of the SAO (and the DAO/SAO) is also very nice for a polymer gun.
I'm just worried that it will be too wide and print through my cloths. The weight of it is right, the barrel length is good, and the controls/ergos are awesome but it's just so wide.
If you carry an FNP, what do you think? Is it noticeably harder to conceal than the standard Glocks/XD's/M&P's?
Thanks.

Damon

·
Registered
203 Posts
I would have to say it depends on what you are using to conceal it with. I carry mine IWB and I wear a light tank top tucked in to kind of pad the holster, then I wear a heavy long t-shirt over it. Nobody notices but nobody is looking for it. If you knew what you were looking for you might be able to spot it. The only problem I can see has nothing to do with the width but a problem that even the slimmest 1911 could have, the grip sticking out when I bend over. I try to wear the pistol as far forward as I can but eventually it gets uncomfortable at a certain point. I'm hoping my Brigade Leather shows up soon.

Its pretty easy to conceal hear in the cold weather. A heavy sweatshirt or jacket conceals completely. In the summer I will usually wear a 5.11 vest to conceal. It works good.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I think it compares to the standard size Glock 19, M&P, Service XD, etc.

If you want a Glock 26 sized weapon, like the P99c, XD subcompact, etc, it may be too big (although, there is a "M" Model of FNP that is a little smaller)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts