FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After speaking with the FWC's HMFIC of Hunter Education and Range Facilities and mayhaps have parlayed a part-time RSO position at the range opening 2015 in Palm Beach County he informed me a 1000yd rifle range is in the plans. Where you ask? Holopaw FL, yeah I know a small town, VERY small town, so small in fact if you Google Map it one of the sights of interest is THE Holopaw Mini-Mart, now that's a small town.

Anyway, Holopaw is where the Triple-N-Ranch WMA is located and where the new range of same namesake is to be located. The FWC is opening or improving ranges all over Florida with help from the NRA, US Fish & Wildlife Service as well the US Forestry Dept. Mr, FWC HMFIC claimed the FWC and the G-Dept's are hell bent on getting the word out and bringing more shooters into the sport. Actually that's at odds with O'Bbozo's plans, maybe he doesn't know what other US. Govt' departments are planning and doing? Hmm, we know that's not possible for the omnipotent one isn't it? I've said this before, I love the FWC!

New 350-acre 'shooting park' with gun ranges, clubhouse proposed for state wildlife area | The Florida Current

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Atsa, WooHoo heard all the way -85 miles North- up here Trouble! Some people don't like the FWC LEO's and that's fine with me, I've never had a problem with them. When living in Miami more than once we helped them get unstuck back when they -for seemingly very stupid reasons- drove 4x2 Ramchargers. When the State combined the FMP and GFC into the FWC it gave them more assets and clearly smarter thinkers in Tallahassee. Now, we just need to help them convince our "law makers" to allow night and suppressor hunting and rid this state once and for all of the pythons.

If you are a Floridian, transplanted or otherwise and you care at all about this State's extremely sensitive environment you need to call your State Rep and/or FWC and demand something be done about the pythons. Put simply, I'm 50 and other than 8 years have lived here all my life and have NEVER seen a Florida Panther in the wild, ever! If the pythons have their way I never will either. The pythons HAVE TO GO!!!
Woooohooooo!!!!

·
Registered
8,491 Posts
I'm a transplant. Been here 16 years already. I agree with you re the pythons. Really need to do something with these. Ever see that pic with the python who exploded after eating a live alligator. At that point is when I realized how big these we're getting.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes Sir, if they can swallow and American Alligator whole they've got some significant size advantage, a human stands little chance. I guess you and I are the only Floridians who give a rats ass. Oh well, it is what it is... :biggrin:

You and I may not be able to rid the python population by ourselves but we can have a damn good time trying... :?

I'm a transplant. Been here 16 years already. I agree with you re the pythons. Really need to do something with these. Ever see that pic with the python who exploded after eating a live alligator. At that point is when I realized how big these we're getting.

·
Registered
8,491 Posts
You and I may not be able to rid the python population by ourselves but we can have a damn good time trying... :?[/QUOTE]

yes, no that round like a plan. I've never hunted hogs or pythons but I am up for it.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It's easy, locate, aim then shoot. There's no requirement to take the carcass with you unless you enjoy wild hog smothered in Everglades seasoning which I do but still, they are a nuisance and can be left where dropped. As much as I do believe in and am a practitioner of "one shot, one kill" with me that applies to deer and larger game, NOT hogs or pythons. However, if you terminated a python with good blemish free skin you can have boots, belts, wallets and purses made at a profit which may offset the cost of ammo. We are limited to 5 rounds in a rifle, it does not matter how you achieve this limitation so long as an FWC LEO cannot fit more than 5rds in the mag, you are G2G. I run Pmags and Magpul makes limiters.

I would advise a larger caliber handgun to have as a sidearm, I will likely purchase a Glock 20 10mm for this purpose, in the past I have used a .45acp but have seen 230gr GDHP's bounce of the skull of large boars, you do NOT want to piss off a larger boar especially a sow with pups. Should you do this, it's best to find a tree and climb it quickly, been there, done it, it's hilarious, much harder to climb when laughing hysterically.

Oh yeah, you cannot be afraid of Brown Recluse, Black Widow or Banana Spiders, they all bite and a Brown Recluse can ruin your life and potentially end it. There's also the Cotton Mouth, Pigmy and Western Diamond Back Rattler's and Coral Snakes, all of which can be detrimental to a good time outdoors. Lastly, there are the blood-letters and flesh eaters, commonly known as skeeters and no-see-ums << which I refer to as winged teeth then there's the enormous horseflies which are not satisfied unless they've removed a dime-sized portion of your body. Sound like FUN Trouble?

Damn, I forgot to mention the water, lots of water, always keep extra socks and ALWAYS keep your feet dry. Of course we always take the clothing we'll be hunting in and place it in a burlap or cheesecloth sack then leave it in the area of hunting for at least a week. Never use detergent with any brighteners it'll make you glow to the animals. Then there's the pre-hunt preparation, don't use scented deodorants or cologne, you'd be surprised how many idiots slather scented speed stick with atrocious cologne on top and wonder, uh duh, I never saw a damn animal. Here's your sign jackass, it's reflective, use IT the next time you're hunting. OMG!

You don't have a problem with palmetto bugs or giant water bugs do you, I'm not talking about our common 2 1/2" to 3" American Cockroach either? Palmetto Bugs and Giant Water Bugs are the size of small birds and fly just the same. I've seen grown men who were oft thought of as tough guys go a runnin' and a screamin' when one climbed or landed on them.

I'm ready when you are Trouble, I love me some hog and swamp cabbage. Git'ya sum! :?

You and I may not be able to rid the python population by ourselves but we can have a damn good time trying... :?
yes, no that round like a plan. I've never hunted hogs or pythons but I am up for it.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thought I'd bump this for those Floridians still unaware! :?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
After speaking with the FWC's HMFIC of Hunter Education and Range Facilities and mayhaps have parlayed a part-time RSO position at the range opening 2015 in Palm Beach County he informed me a 1000yd rifle range is in the plans. Where you ask? Holopaw FL, yeah I know a small town, VERY small town, so small in fact if you Google Map it one of the sights of interest is THE Holopaw Mini-Mart, now that's a small town.

Anyway, Holopaw is where the Triple-N-Ranch WMA is located and where the new range of same namesake is to be located. The FWC is opening or improving ranges all over Florida with help from the NRA, US Fish & Wildlife Service as well the US Forestry Dept. Mr, FWC HMFIC claimed the FWC and the G-Dept's are hell bent on getting the word out and bringing more shooters into the sport. Actually that's at odds with O'Bbozo's plans, maybe he doesn't know what other US. Govt' departments are planning and doing? Hmm, we know that's not possible for the omnipotent one isn't it? I've said this before, I love the FWC!

New 350-acre 'shooting park' with gun ranges, clubhouse proposed for state wildlife area | The Florida Current
It will be great to have another 1000 yard rifle range in Florida. The Manatee Gun & Archery Club does get crowded at times, but I do recommend their 1000 yard rifle range to those who need to stretch the legs on their DMR's. FacilitiesRanges

·
Registered
8,491 Posts
It's easy, locate, aim then shoot. There's no requirement to take the carcass with you unless you enjoy wild hog smothered in Everglades seasoning which I do but still, they are a nuisance and can be left where dropped. As much as I do believe in and am a practitioner of "one shot, one kill" with me that applies to deer and larger game, NOT hogs or pythons. However, if you terminated a python with good blemish free skin you can have boots, belts, wallets and purses made at a profit which may offset the cost of ammo. We are limited to 5 rounds in a rifle, it does not matter how you achieve this limitation so long as an FWC LEO cannot fit more than 5rds in the mag, you are G2G. I run Pmags and Magpul makes limiters.

I would advise a larger caliber handgun to have as a sidearm, I will likely purchase a Glock 20 10mm for this purpose, in the past I have used a .45acp but have seen 230gr GDHP's bounce of the skull of large boars, you do NOT want to piss off a larger boar especially a sow with pups. Should you do this, it's best to find a tree and climb it quickly, been there, done it, it's hilarious, much harder to climb when laughing hysterically.

Oh yeah, you cannot be afraid of Brown Recluse, Black Widow or Banana Spiders, they all bite and a Brown Recluse can ruin your life and potentially end it. There's also the Cotton Mouth, Pigmy and Western Diamond Back Rattler's and Coral Snakes, all of which can be detrimental to a good time outdoors. Lastly, there are the blood-letters and flesh eaters, commonly known as skeeters and no-see-ums << which I refer to as winged teeth then there's the enormous horseflies which are not satisfied unless they've removed a dime-sized portion of your body. Sound like FUN Trouble?

Damn, I forgot to mention the water, lots of water, always keep extra socks and ALWAYS keep your feet dry. Of course we always take the clothing we'll be hunting in and place it in a burlap or cheesecloth sack then leave it in the area of hunting for at least a week. Never use detergent with any brighteners it'll make you glow to the animals. Then there's the pre-hunt preparation, don't use scented deodorants or cologne, you'd be surprised how many idiots slather scented speed stick with atrocious cologne on top and wonder, uh duh, I never saw a damn animal. Here's your sign jackass, it's reflective, use IT the next time you're hunting. OMG!

You don't have a problem with palmetto bugs or giant water bugs do you, I'm not talking about our common 2 1/2" to 3" American Cockroach either? Palmetto Bugs and Giant Water Bugs are the size of small birds and fly just the same. I've seen grown men who were oft thought of as tough guys go a runnin' and a screamin' when one climbed or landed on them.

I'm ready when you are Trouble, I love me some hog and swamp cabbage. Git'ya sum! :?

yes, no that round like a plan. I've never hunted hogs or pythons but I am up for it.
[/QUOTE]

damn, sound lime only thing missing is pirates!!!!! Lol. Yeah I'm good to go. Never done it -- think it be great to try. 45 acp flying of hogs heads------ wow that is intense. I wonder if a 5.7x28 would drop it.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure about the 5.7 but a .357 mag works like a boss, so I'm thinking a 10mm full power would be just as efficient WITH twice more ammo onboard.

damn, sound lime only thing missing is pirates!!!!! Lol. Yeah I'm good to go. Never done it -- think it be great to try. 45 acp flying of hogs heads------ wow that is intense. I wonder if a 5.7x28 would drop it.[/QUOTE]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts