FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New York City has reportedly started sending out confiscation notices ordering gun owners to “immediately surrender” rifles and/or shotguns capable of holding more than five rounds of ammunition. It is illegal to possess a rifle or shotgun with the capacity to hold more than five rounds in the city, according to NYC Administrative Code 10-306 (b).

An alleged notice sent to an NYC resident, dated Nov. 18, offers the gun owner the following options:
1. Immediately surrender your Rifle and/or Shotgun to your local police precinct, and notify this office of the invoice number. The firearm may be sold or permanently removed from the City of New York thereafter.
2. Permanently remove your Rifle and/or Shotgun from New York City…
3. You may call to discuss the matter if you believe your firearm is in compliance, or you may request the option to bring your firearm to a licensed gunsmith for a permanent modification and certification proving that it is permanently modified and in compliance.

While the confiscation notice, reported by the Truth About Guns, very well may be a normal occurrence in New York City, gun owners in firearm-friendly states like Texas or Arizona will probably have a hard time even imagining receiving such a letter from authorities over a rifle or shotgun that could potentially hold more than five rounds.

Read more: The Gun Confiscation Notice an NYC Resident Reportedly Received Will Likely Send Chills Down Your Spine | TheBlaze.com

·
Registered
113 Posts
Any time I hear this type of news, I always assume it's from California, Connecticut, New York or any other cesspool of liberal politics (my home state of Massachusetts included). This behavior doesn't surprise me, as time and time again, people in New York FREELY vote for these types of "political leaders." They are just one child per couple away from becoming China. Then again, how else are libs going to gain new, low-information voters?

·
Registered
641 Posts
SAFE act, eh? So New Yorkers, do you feel safer?

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
So is this the start...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Notice they knew exactly what weapons this citizen allegedly had in their possession. .22's heh.. I wonder did they get that info from certain New York law or was it lifted from each 4473.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Notice they knew exactly what weapons this citizen allegedly had in their possession. .22's heh.. I wonder did they get that info from certain New York law or was it lifted from each 4473.
All I know is that New York will soon be safe from a .22LR gun rampage just waiting to happen.

·
Registered
514 Posts
So is this the start...
It might be the start in NYC but come down to the south and try to pull that bull shi^ and watch a civil war erupt. One that would go down in the history books. I am shocked to see that New Yorkers are easily persuaded to give up their guns. 5 rounds, 10 rounds, 30 rounds and to think it just takes 1.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The best move we ever made was leaving New York for Florida 32 years ago. It was not as bad as it is now, but even then you did not have to be psychic to realize the direction it was heading. The old saying went, " when New York flushed thier toilets, New Jersey got thier drinking water" Now when Chris Christy takes a dump, New Yorkers' strap on thier bib's. Be glad the USA is a Republic, and move the hell out.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
With no 2nd Amendment in northern Europe, every time weapons laws are changed the usual message is: You have 2 weeks to turn in contraband (even if you owned it before it was contraband.)

The authorities usually act as if they are treating you with extraordinary fairness and that grandfathering your legal possessions into the law is nonsense. Now you are seeing the start of that happening here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In the words of the guy who found out soylent green is people, cold dead hands!

When henry survival rifles are banned, there is basically nothing left to ban.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts