FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

I've finally finished the customizations on my new PS90. This is the final configuration for this one, however I'm already planning a 2nd (the PS90 addiction has begun) with a different build. The bag is from Elite systems, and holds a total of 5 magazines, 1 in the gun and 4 in the side pocket for a 250 round carry package. The light is from InForce, and has multiple settings. I really like the look and function of this light on the PS90. On the right side is a Lasermax UNI laser for close in targeting. With the laser I wanted something very slim and flat, as this side rests on the bottom of the case. It's easy to turn on, however it's a little too easy to bump on when resting on the side. There is an optional pressure pad, however I didn't want to add "more". Not seen is an aluminum Gen 1 hammer upgrade. The sling is from Urban ERT Systems which I have set up as a single point.

For the 2nd build, I'm thinking of the threaded barrel shroud for a suppressor, and the standard USG rail for an EOTech with the flip to side magnifier. This site has been a great resource and everyone is very helpful, so thank you to all.

In Bag:

Elite System Bag Closed.JPG Elite Systems Bag Mag Pocket.JPG PS90 In Bag.JPG

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fullcase,

I actually started with (and still have) the RMR 3.25 MOA version. I wanted to primarily run this at 50-218 yards, to live between a pistol and long range rifle. I found the 3.25 dot size was too large for precise distance shots. I had to dim the output to where the dot was barely visible. After two outings, I bought the 1 MOA version and swapped it out. The 1 MOA dot is much, much better for distance. I don't have difficulty picking up the dot, however my unscientific perception is it's a fraction of a second slower. Once I get in more time with the rifle maybe I'll run time trials between the two. For close in, the 3.25 would be better.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm looking for a case for mine, this one seems like a pretty good option, thanks for sharing! I'd much rather have a hard case that I can lock but the only one I see is really expensive Might get it someday even so.
Just got 2 promoted pawn side rails for mine too, I really like how the laser max on yours fits into this, have you seen a green laser option in this kind?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, they do have both green & red versions of the Uni. I picked up mine at Optics Planet, and they have both. I went with the red for the longer battery life, since the purpose for mine is indoor use.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Fullcase,
I don't have difficulty picking up the dot, however my unscientific perception is it's a fraction of a second slower. Once I get in more time with the rifle maybe I'll run time trials between the two. For close in, the 3.25 would be better.
Thanks for sharing your setup info. I recently purchased a PS90 and have been reading up on the options for optics. I'll be on the lookout for your further evaluation between the 1 MOA & 3.25 MOA RMRs.

·
Registered
225 Posts
thanks, I looked on optics planet, it's a little more expensive that I thought, the green version is almost $300, better profile than most though. Just got a promoted pawn carbon fiber side rail for both sides of mine ( highly recommend these, VERY light and look awesome , so it's definitely getting a light and laser.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice kit!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts