FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings community, I'm new to the forums here.

I'm in the research phase of trying to start a small firearm aftermarket products LLc company out of my garage. My main target market would be FN firearm owners, specifically the PS90/P90 variants. I have two concepts I'm working on that are very much in the early concept stage. My flagship design is a Ps/P90 stock conversion kit called Project: "Katana57" or simply K57. I is a complete stock replacement that houses all P90 internals(barrel/shroud, trigger group, bolt, hammer group etc.) the same arrangement they fit the PS90/P90 but the exterior will be quite different. The P90 stock is a great PDW deign but there is always room for evolution IMO. My other concept is a trigger 'm calling the "K" trigger. I have much, much more research to do on polymer materials and other plastics as well as various CNC plastic mill companies that would be feasible to use. I will have the first prototype 3d printed and go from there.

here is a 3d model of a fictional gun that I get some inspiration from but am I no way cloning the design. its just to give you an idea of the direction I'm going with the stock.
Id love to get as much input and suggestions from the community as possible! Do you think there is a market/interest in products like these? can't wait to hear from the community!
Thanks in advance, Anthony

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
again, it's just a fictional gun from a video game, its merely for reference. My design is quite a bit different. mine will have a "V" funnel diamond polished mag well to jam in mags in very fast manor. at least in theory anyway. Mine will have a much more slimline profile. but will emphasize more material and weight shifted towards the back of the stock. A few years ago, Magpul showed off a demo of a gun they called "PDW" at shotshow and they were claiming it to be a compact 223 bullpup. it was interesting but I think they were just hyping it only to come out with a airsoft version... Bu anyway it was ultra slim line and had really low profile charging handle handle and some rather Walther PPQ looking grip texturing going on...That's another area I see room for improvement.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I can't speak for others, but I am not dying for a conversion stock for my PS90. I do want Precision Impact to make me a few receivers though.

That being said, what sells it isn't a general idea of a conversion stock - because there isn't a huge peception of something being wrong with the factory one - what would sell it is an out of this world amazing new conversion stock that makes one's jaw hit the floor.

The render you have there doesn't interest me in that way. Your design will make or break it.

I don't know what you mean by diamond polished mag well, etc. Sounds strange.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
If you could design a lighter, crisper, and inertia safe trigger system for your new stock, it would be a winner for the PS90 or FS2000 platform.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I would love to see the project moving forward and make it tangible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts