FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Marlin Papoose is now available in stainless steel with a synthetic stock. I have always thought these were cool little rifles and when I saw it in stainless with a synthetic stock I decided it was time to get one. It comes in a nice water proof floating case. It weighs only 3.25 lbs. I'm looking forward to shooting the next dry weekend!

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! I have been kicking around the idea of getting a survival rifle to keep with the bug out bag.

I was looking at these but they don't seem to have a good rep.

http://www.henryrepeating.com/h002_survival.cfm
Yes, I do believe I have read about some past issues with the original Henry U.S. Survival AR-7 They were notorious for two major problems, jamming and becoming a fully automatic rifle. The company that makes the Henry now claims all those problems have been fixed and you will not encounter those problems if you purchase a Henry U.S. Survival AR-7. They claim it is capable of feeding all brands of .22 LR ammo, both standard and high velocity now.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Texas Armadillo said:
Nice! I have been kicking around the idea of getting a survival rifle to keep with the bug out bag.

I was looking at these but they don't seem to have a good rep.
http://www.henryrepeating.com/h002_survival.cfm
Yep, too bad the AR7 never worked like it should. They jam a lot. I think magazines might be the problem. Had a couple. Not good.

Then I got smart and got one of these:

The Springfield Armory Scout M-6 in a .22LR and .410 over and under.
It breaks down into 2 pieces, and stores very compactly. Has ammo storage under the rear stock cover. They used to be issued to pilots in the us.

The one in the pic above is stainless, and has a sling, paracord wrap, and ammo saddle added to it.

Unfortunately, they quit making them about 10 years ago, and now they are not cheap. I had to pay $400 delivered for the one I just bought. It was new in box, whicjh is very hard to find these days! They also make them in stainless steel, and they offer 22 hornet instead of 22lr on some.

I bought one just for my bugout bag.

Having said that, the Marlin always looked like a good option. And I may pick one up in stainless.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I took my 7 y/o daughter to the range last week (her second trip) and a guy there had a blued papoose, with a $12 Daisy red dot sight on it. Great combo, my girl was hitting IPSC steel plates at 30 yards with it ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts