FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I am sure this has been asked a hundred times but I have to ask. I am trying to match colors from my 17S t a FNX 45 using cerakote. Does any one have any idea what the colors are? looking for the almost olive'ish green of the upper and the darker tan'ish of the lower. anything will help. Thanks

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Good thing it's a personal choice.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
The color variance on the Scar is so all over the board I don't think it's possible for anyone to be able to tell you to use a certain color and have it match. They run any where between green and burnt bronze including flat brown (not FDE). Sometime you will get an FDE one pop up from time to time. It's best just to pick a shade that's close and roll with it. The variation has become part of the fun for some of us around here. If you're planning on Cerakoting the entirety of both pistol and rifle just pick a shade of FDE. I am sure it will match a scar out there somewhere.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Is your fnx black? If so why not just get on in FDE ? They make those. Why **** with a perfect gun to change the color of one or two parts slightly. After all the frame is plastic. So you could really only change the color of the slide.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.