FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I got through putting about 200 rounds through my new FS2K I requested to switch to a table at the 50yard area to move on to the handgun segment of my afternoon.

I was informed no unscoped weapon was allowed on the rifle range, and though I disputed this with various arguments (it shoots rifle rounds!! I won't hit the target mountings, c'mon!) but to no avail.

Another thing to fuel the fire of figuring out some way to mount an optic on my 5-7, grrr.

So I sulk and slink off to the 25yard pistol range, which absolutely noone is even attempting, all the while muttering about how lame this is and "this is for amateurs :-D

Once I get over the lamitude of it I'm having a good time. At this range the gun is so retardedly easy to hit the targets with I'm putting some very nasty groups in the red ring and doing it easily. My HK USP is probably my most easy to shoot and accurate gun and the 5-7 is putting it to shame.

I'm way stoked about this gun. The range guy comes over and asks me if I'm in law enforcement cuz "they come in here with gear like you". I say no, I briefly toy with the notion of telling him yes so he lets me shoot the 50yard but decide against it. Next I might be having to get tickets cleared for that privilidge. He tells me that it's just all the other yahoos out today that would all want to shoot the 50yard with their pistols but if i come sometime during the week he'll let me do it.

So I'm happy about that. Can't wait to figure out a way to mount a pistol scope and try it at 75 or even 100yards.

In summary I truly feel the progression of significant pistol innovation is the 1911 to the Glock and the polymer revolution, and now the 5-7.

10 for accuracy.
9 for ergonomics
8.5 for size
10 for weight
10 for reliability
10+for firepower
9 for stopping power. What little people might question about the stopping power of this round I think is pretty much negated by the bountifull capacity for repeated, easy to place and accurate hi-velocity placing of shots at previously unattainable ranges for a pistol like this.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't really vouch for the FS2K as compared to other higher end rifles since all I've really shot is a few AK's, Mini-14's and my bushmaster AR.

I have however shot a lot of different handguns at all kinds of ranges and for what it's worth I think this is definately money well spent. The ammo is pricey sure, but this pistol is top notch. You can sink a lot of money into a 1911 if that's your thing, but for an all around personal defense/fun gun to bring on a camping trip this is about as good as it gets.

I honestly cant wait to put some kind of a scope on this thing and try it at longer ranges. If i can figure out some way to easily convert this pistol from the awesome home defense gun it is, to a scoped varmint plinking outdoor companion I'll be stoked.

Again, if anyone knows of some way to do this with modified rail mounts for other guns please let me know.

save some pennies and get this pistol Shipwreck. While you still can :p

(haha, dunno if the whole ban-hype is real, but it's a damn good excuse to spend the $)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yep, I am still saving pennies!

Almost there. In fact, I hope to sang one by the first of the month.

:D

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Well, like I did with the PS90 - I gotta try one first before I plink down that much cash. I managed to track down 2 people with PS90s to let me try it before I bought mine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't know where you live in texas but if you come visit San Antonio or austin area you're more then welcome to shoot mine.

just throwin that out there :)

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
OK, appreciate the offer. I'm in College Station - so that's a ways away.

I will be in Austin for a training in Dec. So, if I have no luck by then, I might take U up on that offer then :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts