FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been watching this technology evolve and I was about ready to purchase the old Eliminator III with specs 4-16x50mm and noticed this one 3-12x44mm
Burris Eliminator III Laser Rangefinding Rifle Scope 3-12x-44mm X96

It looks like its priced 300 less. Anyone has this one yet? Also does this have the remote switch that was on the Eliminator II.

I would like some feedback and hope that this does not turn into a bashing technology thread. I fully understand the value of being able to do calculations manually. I typically shoot alone and do not want to take time ranging with a rangefinder and take time to account for drop, angle, etc. I also would like to see which type of range finder this is equivalent to.

Your thoughts regarding this newest version or older ones would be appreciated.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have been watching this technology evolve and I was about ready to purchase the old Eliminator III with specs 4-16x50mm and noticed this one 3-12x44mm
Burris Eliminator III Laser Rangefinding Rifle Scope 3-12x-44mm X96

It looks like its priced 300 less. Anyone has this one yet? Also does this have the remote switch that was on the Eliminator II.

I would like some feedback and hope that this does not turn into a bashing technology thread. I fully understand the value of being able to do calculations manually. I typically shoot alone and do not want to take time ranging with a rangefinder and take time to account for drop, angle, etc. I also would like to see which type of range finder this is equivalent to.

Your thoughts regarding this newest version or older ones would be appreciated.
I'm a Burris fan, have many of their optics and enjoy them immensely. I've never seen a 3-12 power laser scope from them.

Details on the Eliminator features are here, no remote with the E-III: Eliminator Laserscopes from Burris

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks arctizale. I saw that website too and ironically, it was not listed there which made me wonder if that is the authentic Burris website. If you look at the link I posted for Midway (above), you will notice it says "new". The link below shows your model and the 3-12x.
http://www.midwayusa.com/find?userSearchQuery=eliminator+iii

It makes me wonder why Burris does not even have it listed. I was ready to pull the trigger on the 4x16x till I saw this so called newer version. I know with each version, they improve electronics drastically. So now I am confused.

When you compare this with the $10,0000 military grades that were out seven years ago, this one is far more advanced which makes this look very appealing for someone like me. Not having time to reload my own ammo and keep changing brands. Not to mention not being an expert in long range.

I was hoping this had the remote as there was talk about a new version with a remote.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Thanks arctizale. I saw that website too and ironically, it was not listed there which made me wonder if that is the authentic Burris website. If you look at the link I posted for Midway (above), you will notice it says "new". The link below shows your model and the 3-12x.

It makes me wonder why Burris does not even have it listed. I was ready to pull the trigger on the 4x16x till I saw this so called newer version. I know with each version, they improve electronics drastically. So now I am confused.
I think its confusing as well, but the X96 reticle is what you're going to want. Might be worth a phone call to Midway to clarify. I'd also call OpticsPlanet, they've been great to work with. Or maybe just a call to Burris, to verify that there is a new model out. I'd assume they would update their website promptly if there was something new and improved to promote it. But maybe I'm just poor at marketing... let me know what you find out, I'm certainly curious.

From a practical standpoint, I reload for long range and use a Burris Black Diamond 6-24x50 with the Ballistic Mil-Dot reticle for my 338Lapua. Great glass for the money. Will hold .7MOA at 1000+

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your input and good advice on phone call. I will post what I find out.

Just curious about your signature. Do you work for the Molon Labe that makes the polymer mags?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Thanks for your input and good advice on phone call. I will post what I find out.

Just curious about your signature. Do you work for the Molon Labe that makes the polymer mags?
I do not. I use the Molon Labe in the traditional translation from Greek: "Come and Take" them (sic)

·
Registered
615 Posts

When you compare this with the $10,0000 military grades that were out seven years ago, this one is far more advanced which makes this look very appealing for someone like me. Not having time to reload my own ammo and keep changing brands. Not to mention not being an expert in long range.

I was hoping this had the remote as there was talk about a new version with a remote.
So I emailed Burris to see if there was in fact a new Eliminator III in that magnification range, and here is the response from them:

Good Evening,

Moving into 2014 you will beginto see two different magnification sizes on the eliminator III 3x12x44mmitem#200120 & Eliminator 4x16x50mm item#200116.

Happy Holidays,

Chris Binger / Tech Support
1-888-228-7747
[email protected]

[email protected]

So it is a new model of the Eliminator III platform. Which means it does not have the remote.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks arcticzale. I talked to a dealer at a show and he claimed he can get them with a remote button. I A not willing to fork over money and find out so I will wait till I see one in the box like that. I will post my findings and thanks for contacting them. Did they say specicifically they do not come with remote?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Thanks arcticzale. I talked to a dealer at a show and he claimed he can get them with a remote button. I A not willing to fork over money and find out so I will wait till I see one in the box like that. I will post my findings and thanks for contacting them. Did they say specicifically they do not come with remote?
They did not. However they said the new model was the eliminator III which does not. I deduced that it wouldn't have one, since only the Eliminator II is equipped. Keep me posted on what you find, I'd be interested to see if the remotes will work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts