FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics of my new Springfield Armory XD M-40. It has a hammer forged match grade barrel. Accessories include an XD belt holster, XD belt magazine pouch, XD magazine loader, Two 16 round magazines, Three backstraps, gun lock, barrel brush, and a very nice hard case

·
Registered
115 Posts
Very nice ICM :? I think I want one too

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I like that new look. Do all M's have the match barrel?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got some range time in today. First impressions are good overall. I shot three different types of ammo today, Independence 165gr FMJ, Seller&Bellot 165gr FMJ and Winchester Ranger 155gr JHP. I fired about fifty rounds of each and all worked perfectly.
Now about the gun, it's a bit snappy. Nothing unmanageable but the recoil is a little more than what I feel firing my FNP-40 or my M&P-40. The trigger is a bit heavier than the trigger on my XD-45. The travel is about the same. While loading the sixteen round magazines I found the magazine loader to be little help. I can load the magazines free hand just as well. When you have 16 in the mag and 1 in the pipe, the XD-M40 dose pick up a little weight, but this is to be expected. At 15 and 25 yards I found the accuracy to be excellent, even with the snappy recoil.

I give the XD-M40 a :?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Congrats on the addition to your family! :?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Nice pic ya got there!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts