FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to inspect my weapon the other day..and noticed that I have the notch on the FCG. I assume that this is the cause of the craking of the FCG. Has anyone sent a un-cracked FCG with the notch back to FN to get a fix? Thanks for the input.

Captdreifus

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I bought my gun used (400 rds) and the previous owner had sent it in even though it wasn't cracked and had it replaced. I know of a few others that have as well.

Also, there is kind of 2 notches on the bad ones. I was confused by this at first. A good one should have no space between the sear and the housing near the middle of the housing.

I would like to see photo's of both side by side if anyone has them. That would be helpful :?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Ship,

Can you give me the number for Bob? I'll give him a call since I heard from here that he is the go to guy. I sure do want this to be fixed. Thanks

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Here's Bob's info:

Bob Ailes
Customer Support Manager
PO Box 697
McLean, VA 22101
T: 703-288-1292 ext-122
F: 703-288-1730

·
Registered
229 Posts
If you do a seach on trigger group housing cracks, there's some pictures posted. My FNP9 had a larger notch than my FNP9M and it cracked. My M has couple thousand rds thru it with no problems.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
about how many rounds are fired before they crack?

and thanks for the number!

·
Registered
229 Posts
I probably had less than 500 thru FNP9. Didn't even know it was cracked til I read about it on here and checked. It never malfunctioned. It's got about 2500 rds thru it since "fix".

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That gives me a little peace in mind that it still functions with the crack. I would hate to be carrying it and have a major problem when I needed it most.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Forestranger is correct, there are some replacement FCG's that have a smaller notch (shorter in length), and it seems the latest replacements have had no notch at all next to the sear. The defective ones have had a much longer cut out area from the pictures I've seen.

My .40 has the smaller notch and has not had any sign of problems through ~700 rounds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts