FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, there are a lot of different gun-related channels on YouTube and once in a while I find a new one that I wasn't aware of. So, I figured that I'd share what I know with you guys in the hopes that you'd do the same. Together we can make a good list of channels worth subscribing to. Here's who I follow thus far...

• Hickok45 - most everyone here has probably seen one or more of Greg's videos. He's less of a reviewer and more historian/entertainment, IMO.

• Military Arms Channel - 'Sturmgewehre' does great reviews of mostly high-grade modern firearms. He's very informative and also produces top-quality videos. Once in a while he produces political videos as well. Great channel!

• Iraqveteran8888 - Not very informative, but diverse in their video selection. These two fellas do some review videos, some political videos and a lot of 'goofing-off' entertainment videos. Of the two guys we see the most of (Eric and Berry), I really like one and can't stand the other. They work for a pawn/gun store in Georgia and often use the channel to promote sales there. No big deal - actually a great idea, but their prices and location suck. Some times I get the urge to 'unsubscribe', but I haven't yet.

• tnoutdoors9 - Without a doubt the best ammo reviewer I've come across on YouTube. His channel is a must see... seriously, go there... NOW!

• LifeSizePotato - This guy has one of the most impressive collections of bizarre, unusual and rare handguns you'll ever get the pleasure to see. Also, he's very knowledgeable about the firearms he owns & reviews. This is an addictive channel for sure, so get some popcorn or coffee or something.

• Brandon401401 - Brandon and his amazingly gorgeous wife do a little bit of everything on their back-yard range. Mostly it's range-shooting... like Hickok45, but with T&A.

• RealGuysReviews - Seemingly little-known but well made video reviews that span from table-top to range-review all in one episode. Also, he mixes in history and design info in most reviews. Great format - this guy does great work!

• MiculekDotCom - Famous world-record holder and Team Smith & Wesson shooter Jerry Miculek invites us into a-day-of-his-life style videos: product testing, reloading education, training and a table-top reviewing with a touch of history lecturing. Great channel - you can learn a lot from this man and he can shoot a revolver and reload it faster than you.

• nutnfancy - This guy is a little full of himself, but he does great work. At times he gets under my skin, but it's worth it. His format is probably the best of all in this list as he does extensive and lengthy studies on the firearms he reviews. He's not going to take a gun to the range and then make a video about that one experience like many others on YouTube do... he uses a staff of employees, family and friends to help evaluate and test the firearms being reviewed. Table-top reviewing at it's finest and some cool range action/entertainment mixed in for good measure.

• 22plinkster - Sharpshooter/trick shooter entertainment. Good stuff.

• bigdaddyhoffman1911 - Hoffman just has a fun personality and a really cool back-yard range. His videos are more or less him shooting his toys and simply making you smile with his mannerisms. Purely entertainment.

• sootch00 - Sootch is a very proactive guns & gear reviewer with very well made videos of all kinds of different gun-related items. He's always testing new/modern equipment, gear and guns that keep his channel interesting. Very educational, entertaining and insightful.

• GunBlast.com - Jeff Quinn, the Tennessee viking. Quinn and the staff of GunBlast make excellent reviews of guns and gear (mostly guns) and post them on their website. Often, Quinn packages companion videos on that site as well as their YouTube channel to reach more of a audience. He does a great job with presenting the information and I really enjoy the format of their videos. GunBlast does test & review work for gun manufacturers, so they often do reviews of hot-new guns before they hit the market. Also, they get rare and hard to find variations of popular models. So once in a while you see what's around the corner for the firearms industry.

• Polenar Tactical - Slovenian group of 'sport shooters' demonstrate weapon tactics, tactical movement and team based operations in a controlled setting. Pretty good way to educate yourself in shooting techniques as well as pick up a few helpful drills and practices for honing your skills and becoming a more efficient operator.

• FateofDestinee - Good for a female perspective. Destinee's videos are a mix of range-reviews, statements on gun-culture in modern society and entertainment. Mostly she just talks about stuff. I was a subscriber... lost interest in her opinion to be honest with you. But, still a good resource for getting a female friend into the shooting hobby, should that occasion arise.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
What no FPSrussia? :lol:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
This is a great list. I was not aware of the diversity of regular posters, now I am! You should add FPSRussia to the list as he is popular, if not entertaining in an off beat way.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
For Iraqveteran8888- I would add they have a good amount of DIY Gunsmithing videos, specifically for older surplus rifles. Primary focus seems to be on the Mosin, but most of what they do to a mosin will apply to other rifles of a similiar period. They also do some reviews on firearms maintenance products such as cold blue, and lubricants.

I would also like to add to the list MidwayUSA's channel. Owner Larry Potterfield has a lot of DIY gunsmithing videos that make use of the products they sell sort of like "Tool-Time" on home improvement, but with a competent host. Even if you dont use their specific product his advice is considered to be sound, and has a very infectious smile. Also the midway staff monitor the channel and will typically answer legitimate questions. The videos are generally shorts of a much longer video found on their website but even the short video can tell you what kind of project you might be getting yourself into.
MidwayUSA - YouTube

Brownells also has a channel in a similiar manner as Midway. It provides instructions for DIY gunsmithing while utilizing the products they sell. The videos are informative, but are a little dry as the host usually isnt as upbeat as Mr. Potterfield at midway. Still a good channel to check out when your bored, or if you have a project in mind. There are a lot of "How to" videos on youtube, but many are run by idiots so it is nice to have a solid place for good info.
Brownells.com Videos - YouTube

·
Registered
454 Posts
You should follow me, just so I can have a 2nd follower :D. My channel is all about my muscle car and my rifle. Soon there will be videos of my chubby ass shooting the FNX-45!

I agree that FPS Russia is a funny guy. I know many gun owners despise him, but I believe he is actually a force of good for gun rights and helps educate people who don't know crap about guns. Plus I'm super jealous of all the cool crap he gets to do/shoot.

Another you might try: Colion Noir, very active gun rights advocate and smart.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ScubaOz - This guy does mostly ammo reviews. Great resource with 119 videos. He's up there with tnoutdoors9.

Forgotten Weapons - Ian of Forgotten Weapons provides book reviews, rare historical weapon reviews, demonstrations and even competes using the rare and historical firearms he reviews. A very informative, insightful, educational and entertaining channel featuring a diverse selection of firearms, well over 200 videos.

OzzieReviews - This Australian guy reviews firearms of all types, gear as well as touches on gun culture and politics once in a while. His videos are worth checking out and it's even more entertaining than normal because you get to hear that awesome Aussie accent.

NRACurator - The official channel of the NRA museum's collection. Featuring firearms from their impressive/breath-taking display, this channel also has videos in a format that resembles "Antique Roadshow" called I Have This Old Gun which is pretty cool. Museum tours, interviews, photo slideshows and much more. You can spend all the time you want drooling over the collection without having to worry about an NRA guard interrupting.

cory07ink - The 'Range Time Tactical Shooting' team present tactical shooting demonstrations, reviews of the latest and greatest firearms, some gear reviews and a lot of entertaining action. High quality production, informative with very good instruction.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
  • Colion Noir - This guy quickly made a name for himself on the internet (YouTube specifically) by speaking his mind on the gun culture, anti-gunners and the political scene. He gained a lot of momentum and eventually partnered up with the NRA, starring on internet segments as an official NRA reporter. This channel features those videos, gun reviews and plenty of personal testimonial and opinion videos from the well-spoken man who calls himself Colion Noir.

• FPSRussia | MoreFPSRussia - YouTube personality out of Georgia (the southern US state, not the country in Europe). This guy has a lot of interesting videos featuring state-of-the-art modern firearms, military-grade weapons, explosions, a bad Russian accent and lots of cool things we all like but will never own. This guy has two channels, the original with his partner and the second which was launched after the fatal shooting of said partner I believe.

• FaliaPhotography - 'Falia' reviews her collection of firearms, EDC/CCW gear, knives and more. She has a different style that is nice for a change in the typical reviewer format that most channel hosts use. Like FateOfDestinee, it's a good channel for a female point-of-view.

• Oil The Gun - Lots of reviews featuring very nice modern handguns. 250 videos - I have just started watching his stuff, but so far it has been great fun. His videos are high quality work. He appreciates both semi-autos and revolvers equally it seems. And the guy makes his own mead... how cool is that?!

• Gun Talk Media - This channel features Tom Gresham's 'Gun Talk' radio show as well as exclusive videos on handgun techniques, personal defense tips and product reviews. Great channel for keeping up with current events and the ever-changing firearms market.

• RatedRR - Like seeing things get blown up? Like FPSRussia's format but hate the fake accent? Well, RatedRR is for you! Lots of videos featuring drool-worthy firearms, explosions, target humiliation and lots of it in glorious slow-mo footage. Very entertaining stuff!

• CutleryLover - Simply put, this channel is a one-stop source for knife reviews and info. Featuring over 2,000 knife reviews, zippo tricks, cooking recipes, prepping info/demo, gun and gear reviews, this channel is virtually endless.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts