Hey everyone, there are a lot of different gun-related channels on YouTube and once in a while I find a new one that I wasn't aware of. So, I figured that I'd share what I know with you guys in the hopes that you'd do the same. Together we can make a good list of channels worth subscribing to. Here's who I follow thus far...
- Hickok45 - most everyone here has probably seen one or more of Greg's videos. He's less of a reviewer and more historian/entertainment, IMO.
- Military Arms Channel - 'Sturmgewehre' does great reviews of mostly high-grade modern firearms. He's very informative and also produces top-quality videos. Once in a while he produces political videos as well. Great channel!
- Iraqveteran8888 - Not very informative, but diverse in their video selection. These two fellas do some review videos, some political videos and a lot of 'goofing-off' entertainment videos. Of the two guys we see the most of (Eric and Berry), I really like one and can't stand the other. They work for a pawn/gun store in Georgia and often use the channel to promote sales there. No big deal - actually a great idea, but their prices and location suck. Some times I get the urge to 'unsubscribe', but I haven't yet.
- tnoutdoors9 - Without a doubt the best ammo reviewer I've come across on YouTube. His channel is a must see... seriously, go there... NOW!
- LifeSizePotato - This guy has one of the most impressive collections of bizarre, unusual and rare handguns you'll ever get the pleasure to see. Also, he's very knowledgeable about the firearms he owns & reviews. This is an addictive channel for sure, so get some popcorn or coffee or something.
- Brandon401401 - Brandon and his amazingly gorgeous wife do a little bit of everything on their back-yard range. Mostly it's range-shooting... like Hickok45, but with T&A.
- RealGuysReviews - Seemingly little-known but well made video reviews that span from table-top to range-review all in one episode. Also, he mixes in history and design info in most reviews. Great format - this guy does great work!
- MiculekDotCom - Famous world-record holder and Team Smith & Wesson shooter Jerry Miculek invites us into a-day-of-his-life style videos: product testing, reloading education, training and a table-top reviewing with a touch of history lecturing. Great channel - you can learn a lot from this man and he can shoot a revolver and reload it faster than you.
- nutnfancy - This guy is a little full of himself, but he does great work. At times he gets under my skin, but it's worth it. His format is probably the best of all in this list as he does extensive and lengthy studies on the firearms he reviews. He's not going to take a gun to the range and then make a video about that one experience like many others on YouTube do... he uses a staff of employees, family and friends to help evaluate and test the firearms being reviewed. Table-top reviewing at it's finest and some cool range action/entertainment mixed in for good measure.
- 22plinkster - Sharpshooter/trick shooter entertainment. Good stuff.
- bigdaddyhoffman1911 - Hoffman just has a fun personality and a really cool back-yard range. His videos are more or less him shooting his toys and simply making you smile with his mannerisms. Purely entertainment.
- sootch00 - Sootch is a very proactive guns & gear reviewer with very well made videos of all kinds of different gun-related items. He's always testing new/modern equipment, gear and guns that keep his channel interesting. Very educational, entertaining and insightful.
- GunBlast.com - Jeff Quinn, the Tennessee viking. Quinn and the staff of GunBlast make excellent reviews of guns and gear (mostly guns) and post them on their website. Often, Quinn packages companion videos on that site as well as their YouTube channel to reach more of a audience. He does a great job with presenting the information and I really enjoy the format of their videos. GunBlast does test & review work for gun manufacturers, so they often do reviews of hot-new guns before they hit the market. Also, they get rare and hard to find variations of popular models. So once in a while you see what's around the corner for the firearms industry.
- Polenar Tactical - Slovenian group of 'sport shooters' demonstrate weapon tactics, tactical movement and team based operations in a controlled setting. Pretty good way to educate yourself in shooting techniques as well as pick up a few helpful drills and practices for honing your skills and becoming a more efficient operator.
- FateofDestinee - Good for a female perspective. Destinee's videos are a mix of range-reviews, statements on gun-culture in modern society and entertainment. Mostly she just talks about stuff. I was a subscriber... lost interest in her opinion to be honest with you. But, still a good resource for getting a female friend into the shooting hobby, should that occasion arise.