FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I pulled these pictures from an article I found on-line. Way back in the mid nineties, I had a chance to buy one of these for $100. I left the shop without it. A couple of days later, it got to eating at me so I went back to buy it. I thought it was ugly, but in the same oxymoron way that an Apache helicopter is ugly.

Anyway, it had been sold by the time I had returned.

What got me thinking about it again was that I saw one for sale at a gun show a couple of weekends ago. This time the price tag was $1500. A little too much for what it is worth to me. I have to admit that I did hover over it for a while before I finally walked away. Mostly because my wife was ready to go.

It is a Cobray Terminator, open bolt, slam fire, single shot, 12 gauge shotgun. You pull back the bolt, drop in one round. When you pull the trigger, the bolt drops and the firing pin that is a fixed raised dimple sets off the shell, then recoils back to the locked open position. There is no provision for a magazine of any kind. No multiple shots. The whole bolt system works just like a full auto, open bolt gun. But, will only shoot one shot. Kind of stupid and awesome at the same time.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Interesting. Cobray made some unusual guns.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think it's awesome, I love the "80's style" weapons and few companies embodied that more than Cobray. I wouldn't put it next to the nightstand, but would make a heck of a fun "bbq gun". Shame about missing out for $100

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Oh man , I feel like we can turn this thread into a great "fishing story" thread about things we regret passing on.

Reactions: hillbillyjim
1 - 4 of 4 Posts