FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Picked it up myself from AIM today. Frame and slide match, looks like a new barrel, but the entire pistol looks brand new, including all the parts. I've wanted one for years, but never actually bought one until today. Original loading is supposedly able to defeat up to class II body armor at close range. I had a CZ-52, so I know the noise and recoil is going to be at least as bad.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just found out something, if there's a round in the chamber, the hammer puts pressure on the firing pin. Were you to hit the hammer hard enough, the pistol would fire. Put the hammer in half cock, the trigger is locked, and apparently so is the slide. I believe this is the way to carry the pistol safely considering you have to have sear or hammer failure, and neither part in this pistol is delicate.

I might have to get another one of these, one for carry and practice, and one for keeping. If I could find parts it wouldn't be an issue, but I have no clue how long these things last under constant use. I also like the fact that a case of 1224 rounds is about $130 before shipping.

The more I look at it, the more I realize it's an extremely well designed and built pistol. I truly wish it had the aftermarket following it deserves.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found out when I cleaned the rest of the cosmoline out the other day the barrel actually does match the slide and frame serial #. I really don't think the pistol has ever been fired, at least not enough to make it look anything other than brand new. The only thing that gets me is the stupid aftermarket safety on it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The import safety that was added on is eating at my brain, I completely hate it. Certainly it's better than the ones they added to the polish TTs, and it's easy to disengage with the tip of the thumb (not so easy to engage), but still.... The blasted thing ruins the lines of an otherwise beautifully ugly gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts