FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Presidents lack of substantial action today have given Putin a green light. Obama and Kerry don't even rise to the label of Paper Tigers. They may approach the wimp level but that's it. Kerry telling the Russians that it not personal borders on ridiculous! And the actions Obama took today approach the level of "saying there will be consequences - agin and agin." And doing nothing as usual. Stand by history is about to repeat itself.

·
Registered
735 Posts
It appears our current administration is getting schooled on the finer points of posturing, and the willingness to back it up. It is shameful to me, and I cannot help but think the world is watching and collectively scratching their heads at how inept the U.S. has become. Having said that, I do not believe we should continue our 'world police' act either; it has been poorly handled (by us) for decades, and is not likely to get any better with Barry at the helm (and well into lame duck mode).

Of course, one could also speculate that our maneuvering in this instance is quite well thought out, with a well-known agenda at its heart, but perhaps my tin-foil hat is too tight...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Our last 2 military actions to bring freedom somewhere have ended pretty badly. Why don't all the people who feel so strongly about fighting Russia for taking Crimea form a volunteer corp and go fight for the ukranian army? The Ukrainians won't even fight Russia over it lol.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
I have to say this. Anytime the current administrations actions are brought up and a persons response to those actions are "well what about when such and such did something similar?" Whether it be an action or lack thereof, that is a piss poor excuse and a piss poor point for arguing. It reminds me of when I was six and my mother asked me why I tried to flush the cat down the toilet and I said "because I saw my brother doing it." There is absolutely no reason on earth why this poor excuse for a president should not be held responsible for his own action and should not be held responsible for his wrong doings. I dltnt care what George Bush, Bill Clinton, jimmy carter or whomever the heck ever anyone wants to blame our country's problems on did in the past. Mistakes were made and repeating those mistakes will not fix a MFKN thing.

That is all.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I agree with kam. Still, I don't thinks it's wise for us to keep sticking our already wore out military on alert or get them involved in ukranian problems. Too bad all Barry's street cred is gone...

·
Registered
735 Posts
Unfortunately, KTK, your comments would also apply to ALL of our esteemed states-people in D.C., but I digress...

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The Personal assets of 7 Russian's and 4 Ukrainian's were frozen!:-D It is wiser to say and do nothing, rather then to make empty gestures. Although the liberal masses will certainly swoon and become bedazzled by Obamas might. :p

·
Registered
377 Posts
Look, I do not want our soldiers to have to fight another war, but if this hemorrhoid sitting on the A$$ of this administration had ever shown any resolve or leadership regarding foreign policy or anything else for that matter, none of this would have ever reached this point. Especially as far as the U.S. involvement. Obama and this admin have basically shown the world that our leaders are dog's that are all bark and NO bite. Our country will continue to be pushed and tested by other countries that have more astute and savvy leaders. Until we have a true leader who is qualified to bring our nation back to the top of the world stage where it should be, we will be at great risk. GOD PLEASE HELP US IF WE END UP WITH ANOTHER LIBERAL IN 2016.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Legally we are in default of a written contract; the United States should replace the 1200+ nuclear war heads that were dismantled in the agreement, and then let the Ukraine fight for their own freedom.:( What we should do and what we can actually do are two different things all together. There are no courses of action available (militarily or economically) that will not negatively effect the American people. I vote to open a bottle of Samuel Adams October Fest and toast nostrovia with our fellow Americans.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Legally we are in default of a written contract; the United States should replace the 1200+ nuclear war heads that were dismantled in the agreement, and then let the Ukraine fight for their own freedom.:( What we should do and what we can actually do are two different things all together. There are no courses of action available (militarily or economically) that will not negatively effect the American people. I vote to open a bottle of Samuel Adams October Fest and toast nostrovia with our fellow Americans.
If i recall....those were trilateral talks....so the other party in default would be.....Russia......

Oh, and I also believe Ukraine sent their nukes to be dismantled in.......Russia, so perhaps we can ask the Russians if they still have them so we don't have to build any new ones......

Personally, i think the Ukrainians have made their bed. It hurts to be stupid sometimes, and they are finding that out......

PS. Please don't read any of this as an endorsement of Obama or his policies.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
This whole Crimea media frenzy/fiasco is in my opinion nothing more than the Administration trying to look like we are on the "side of freedom" and we will scold and punish those that don't fall in line with our espoused policies (whatever they are). If the Crimeans (it appears as a vast majority) want to live under Russian rule, let them do so. Why should we care? Same goes for any other beleaguered and unhappy groups of people. Hell, maybe someday Texas will want to do the same and again be part of Mexico.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Obama could ... increased the production of oil in the US, started the movement to kick Russia out of the G8, work a deal to send some of our natural gas to the Ukraine and Europe, and stop complying with the new nuclear treaty - do you think Putin would blink? What if we denied Russia access to our and the world banking system.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
If i recall....those were trilateral talks....so the other party in default would be.....Russia......

Oh, and I also believe Ukraine sent their nukes to be dismantled in.......Russia, so perhaps we can ask the Russians if they still have them so we don't have to build any new ones......

Personally, i think the Ukrainians have made their bed. It hurts to be stupid sometimes, and they are finding that out......

PS. Please don't read any of this as an endorsement of Obama or his policies.
The Treaty was signed by the United States, UK(Great Britain, Northern Ireland), and Russia. Russia decommissioned the war heads and the United States contributed some 500 million to the effort. My primary concern is the future implications and precedence set by failing to honor an International Treaty.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Obama could ... increased the production of oil in the US, started the movement to kick Russia out of the G8, work a deal to send some of our natural gas to the Ukraine and Europe, and stop complying with the new nuclear treaty - do you think Putin would blink? What if we denied Russia access to our and the world banking system.
Increasing oil production would be a joint venture between the Energy Industry and the government, opening up public and protected lands for exploration. This would in a decade or so, slightly reduce the Global market value of oil, which lesson the profit margins of all oil related industries across the board. Shipping natural gas across the Atlantic is less cost effective then piping it across Europe, the Europeans would have to agree to pay more for US gas or the United States tax payers would have to subsidize it. Removal from the G8 would be meaning less without a full economic embargo by the G8; However, the trade deficit between the G8 and Russia favors the Russians in a battle of sanctions. Nuclear Treaties are nothing more then politicians pandering to their constituents. Honestly, we need to fix the domestic policy before we can project an international one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts