FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, I just got back from the PX on base and they wanted $999.95 for a Five Seven Pistol. Whats going on?

I was finally going to go and buy one and "BOOM" the price goes up $200.00. Well aint that a fine how de do. :cry:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've just got a thing about buying guns and cars. I need to drive it if it's a car and I need to handle it if it's a gun before I buy.

The damn ammo on base went up also. I was paying $19.75 and now its $23.50 for SS197. I have over a thousand rounds, but I always like to pick up 200 or 300 rounds when I'm on base for the weekend.

What a sucky day.

·
Registered
161 Posts
devildoc said:
Wow, I just got back from the PX on base and they wanted $999.95 for a Five Seven Pistol. Whats going on?

I was finally going to go and buy one and "BOOM" the price goes up $200.00. Well aint that a fine how de do. :cry:
What's going on? Today the dollar hit the 1,5 euro barrier. That's what going on.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I just got a 2K case of SS197 from Bud's for like $695 delivered, works out to appx $17.37/box.
Tomac

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No not yet, I'm still pissed. I'll go down and talk some turkey with a local dealer and see what I can get him down to. I just had my heart set on one getting that one yesterday. I even cleaned out a spot in the safe for it :(

·
Administrator
11,189 Posts
Devildoc:

Being retired military and close to MacDill AFB, I have an opportunity to shop around for the best prices. As such most things at the PX/BX are way to high priced. You can get a better deal and better quality off post. Now I'm all for supporting MWR but when things on base cost more than identical items off base, I'll do my shopping off base.

Handling the FiveseveN prior to purchase is an excellent choice if you can do it. If you can't, its not worth the extra 100 to 200 dollars to order it from the base BX/PX. You can buy it off base or through several on line dealerships and they will ship it to your local FFL. If you do not like the firearm, chances are (check on this first) you will be able to return it to the seller for just return postage as the firearm was never registered to you.

However, if you like the PS90, you will be happy with the FiveseveN. I too was concerned about not being able to handle one prior to purchase but when I did get to handle it, I fell in love with it immediately and it is now my prefered firearm.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Just for the record...

We have 20 on order.
Our last price was $815 plus $25 shipping.

Centerfire had them for $825 plus shipping, but they are out.

I'll post updated price info as soon as the next 20 come in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts