1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Whew....I got in under the wire for 2

·
Registered
57 Posts
I ordered 1K from Wideners for $605 delivered and thought I had a reasonable deal. I saw the slickdeals email and ordered 1K from Natchez $485.42 delivered. I hope it isn't a pricing error. I cancelled the order at Wideners. ETA - it's marked $729 now!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Bi-metal projectile.

-SS
I don't see that on the product page.

Product Number:FAXM80CS
Item Price:$916.99
$729.00
Availability:Currently Out of Stock, click the alert icon to be notified when product is available.
Shipping Weight:66.26 lbs.

• Caliber: 7.62x51Nato
• Grain: 150gr
• Bullet: Full Metal Jacket
• 1,000 Rounds per BoxDue to limited supplies, and high demand this item has a 2 piece maximum order quantity per customer, every 1 day.
First run, first quality product manufactured at Lake City Army Ammunition Plant for the
U.S. Government to NATO specifications.
Specifications:

• Case: Brass (Copper Alloy No. 260)
  • Primer: M41 Operating Range: (-40 degrees to +125 degrees F)
  • Primer Sealant: Water resistant lacquer
  • Case Mouth Sealant: Yes
  • Headstamp: Each loaded cartridge shall be headstamped with the manufacturer's symbol and year of manufacture

·
Administrator
11,358 Posts
It is listed as a FMJ projectile. This does not necessarily mean that it is not bi-metal though.

The box is marked SMQ09B323-022. At least that is what the picture states. If so, this can be Headstamped LC 07 and LC 08 based on the SMQ nomenclature.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I've got a bunch of this stuff. Well not from this store but the LC XM80C that I have is definitely bi-metal projectiles.

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
I've got a bunch of this stuff. Well not from this store but the LC XM80C that I have is definitely bi-metal projectiles.
Can tell if it is bi metal with a magnet held against the bullet? Cabellas had Herters 9mm for a very low price but It didn't say if it was bimetal or not and I could no tell for sure with a magnet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can never seem to save enough for ammo. Every time that I do, I see another FN product I want instead. I started with the SCAR 17, and now I have added the PS90 and well as the five-seven. I couldn't go with the FN F2000, so I just ordered the TAVOR. And then everything needs trigger upgrades, leupold scopes, etc. I only have enough 7.62 for a couple of mags to go bang a few times. :cry:

·
Administrator
11,358 Posts
Just got my case today. Two 500 round boxes, loose. Stamped as LC 13. Marked as American Eagle by Federal, XM80CS SMQ13J334-041. Bi-metal as a magnet sticks to it. Case mouths have been annealed. No biggie as pretty much all 308 ammo that comes out of LC is bi-metal except for the exotic rounds like the M118LR.

As a reloader, I come across a lot of bi-metal projectiles. We are going to see more and more of this stuff on the shelves as the price of ammo keeps climbing due to raw material costs.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts