FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thursday, May 22, 2014 The Story Keeps Getting Stranger Remember that column where it looked like ATF was expanding the multiple rifle sale reporting rule?

While doubts were raised despite ATF not specifying the four border states of where their proposal would be applicable, a new difference has been identified, Kurt Hofmann tells me, by activist Chris Meissen, who "caught an interesting aspect of the ATF's proposed new power grab that no one else seems to be talking about.

"Check out the wording," Kurt advised:
The purpose of this information collection is to require Federal Firearms Licensees to report multiple sales or other dispositions whenever the licensee sells or otherwise disposes of two or more rifles within any five consecutive business days with the following characteristics: (1) Semi-automatic; (2) a caliber greater than .22; and (c) the ability to accept a detachable magazine.
"Nowhere does it say anything about the multiple sales being to the same buyer," he noted. "Conceivably, if this goes through, they'll be authorized to demand reports from every gun dealer who sells two or more detachable magazine-fed semi-auto rifles per week."

Yeah, I have no idea if this is just sloppiness or if it means more, but if this goes through unchallenged, it will have the effect of an enforceable rule. And by way of "then and now" comparison, here's what the proposed rule looked like on that point back when it was first proposed:
The purpose of this information collection is to require Federal firearms licensees to report multiple sales or other dispositions whenever the licensee sells or otherwise disposes of two or more rifles with the following characteristics: (a) Semi-automatic; (b) a caliber greater than .22 (including .223/5.56 caliber); and (c) the ability to accept a detachable magazine, to the same person at one time or during any five consecutive business days.

More: The War on Guns: The Story Keeps Getting Stranger

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
Well I agree the 1 big arse mistake america has something going on, along with the libretards and socially conscience that throw out rhetoric like " Another gun control Win ", ect....ect...
I was in the Post office waiting in line the other day and in front of me was a lady whom said that she believes that the financially fortunate should give their extra money away, she was all for "redistribution of wealth "....
My idea of that is " TAKING BACK OUR TAX $$$ " and booting the scoundrels out of office.

That is the kind of redistribution needed.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Well I agree the 1 big arse mistake america has something going on, along with the libretards and socially conscience that throw out rhetoric like " Another gun control Win ", ect....ect...
I was in the Post office waiting in line the other day and in front of me was a lady whom said that she believes that the financially fortunate should give their extra money away, she was all for "redistribution of wealth "....
My idea of that is " TAKING BACK OUR TAX $$$ " and booting the scoundrels out of office.

That is the kind of redistribution needed.
"Yes mam, I agree, how about paying for my stamps?"

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I almost hope they will require any FFL selling 2 or more semi-auto rifles in total every week. They'll get buried in paperwork and won't be able to do anything else.

If the wording is for that purpose, it's obviously to assess exactly how many "assault weapons" the American public buys, maybe they've been assuming up until now that it may not be that many and just realized that everyone who owns a gun probably also owns an AR-15 or similar rifle.

I'm convinced the reason they stopped trying to ban handguns (remember, all the anti-gun groups was about "handgun violence", etc.?) is because they realized exactly how common they are. The President recently said that he supports everyone's right to have a handgun for self defense, yet handguns are used in 97% of crime where a gun is present. Obviously he was trying very carefully to not upset a large part of the population.

The window for re-authorizing the AWB is closing really fast, if it hasn't already. The rifles are simply too common, and the states that recently created registration found out when they didn't get as many forms returned as they thought. More than likely the high end of their estimates are pretty low.

Go into a gun store anywhere, at least half the long guns behind the handgun counters are black rifles, and you see lowers fly across the counters in pairs or boxes. In fact my LGS in a pretty urban and liberal area had boxes of about 1000 total stripped lowers recently, and they sold them out in a week because they had a sale where you got a discount if you bought two or more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts