FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Again with the Full Retard.

You can breath in each others faces, swap sweat, grapple with each other, BUT DO NOT SHAKE HANDS!!

Morons.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Why the hell would anyone want to or let their kids wrestle? Those wrestler guys have herpes.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Again with the Full Retard.

You can breath in each others faces, swap sweat, grapple with each other, BUT DO NOT SHAKE HANDS!!

Morons.

Yeah, covid is spread through the air, and while the virus can "live" on surfaces for several hours, we don't know of a single, confirmed case of infection from surface contact. We could all take a step or two back from the extensive cleaning/hand-sanitizer regimens. It's distancing, reducing social contact, masks, and ultimately the vaccine that is going to be what turns this thing around.

·
Premium Member
7,026 Posts
Just FYI, we don't know of any potentially civilization-killing asteroids. :)

What is concerning are the NEO's that literally come out of nowhere entirely undetected. This is your field of expertise which begs the question why haven't you and your peers insisted NASA create and establish a more robust detection capability? Planets are pockmarked with the scars of impact, even our own Moon has some serious space acne. It really is only a matter of time hopefully a LONG time before our space marble is struck again! Imagine if the Tunguska region had been populated?

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
What is concerning are the NEO's that literally come out of nowhere entirely undetected. This is your field of expertise which begs the question why haven't you and your peers insisted NASA create and establish a more robust detection capability? Planets are pockmarked with the scars of impact, even our own Moon has some serious space acne. It really is only a matter of time hopefully a LONG time before our space marble is struck again! Imagine if the Tunguska region had been populated?
SeaMac, as you are well aware, it takes Congress to fund efforts like this. Ultimately, many of my colleagues stood up and worked hard to get funding for the detection capability we have today. It’s not perfect or ideal, but it’s a lot better than nothing. If you feel so inclined, I encourage you to contact your Congressional representatives and let them know that you feel this issue is worthy of our taxpayer dollars.

·
Premium Member
7,026 Posts
SeaMac, as you are well aware, it takes Congress to fund efforts like this. Ultimately, many of my colleagues stood up and worked hard to get funding for the detection capability we have today. It’s not perfect or ideal, but it’s a lot better than nothing. If you feel so inclined, I encourage you to contact your Congressional representatives and let them know that you feel this issue is worthy of our taxpayer dollars.
Trust me, I have my Senators and Reps both state and federal email addresses and I am constantly reaching out on issues that concern me.

·
Registered
644 Posts
"COME ON MAN!!!", those are both just Hollyweed special effect visual wet dreams. Joe Kameltoe & The Hoe could stop any real world scenerio should something like those actually develop.

Reactions: kc2bya

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Either an asteroid or Yellowstone will happen again. The question is which one will come first? My bet is Yellowstone.

LOL!!! Oh my, this made my day!

There is absolutely no doubt that both asteroids AND Yellowstone will happen again. It is 100% certain; you can take that to the bank. Now, whether either of those things happen on a time frame where you or I would care about it--that's pretty darn unlikely. I wouldn't waste my money buying asteroid insurance, if I was you. ;-)

·
Vendor
5,700 Posts
This is a pretty good movie depicting a Yellowstone eruption. This is more of what it would actually look like.
Go to 1:16:00 and it shows how the whole caldera unzips with multiple vents.
a good picture is at 1:29:15
Take some time and watch the whole movie. :)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts