FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
Anyone here have a micrometer that can check the thickness of their mounting plate for the RMR 07 for the FNX-45 Tactical?
The rest of the dimensions I can easily get of the slide. The plate itself would be no problem to make,but not knowing the thickness is holding me back.
And the two to three month wait from FN really sucks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello,

I measured the one I have and it is .0925" thick.

If you get one made have you considered having a bunch made up and selling them to us?

Dale

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,

If you get one made have you considered having a bunch made up and selling them to us?

Dale
I would have to take into consideration patent infringements. The last thing I'd want to do is piss of FN. Not so much that I'm worried about legal action because I could change it just enough to avoid legal action,but more so the sanctity of the rights that they deserve for coming up with the design. Ripping off someone who deserves their profit doesnt sit well with me.
In other words my morals wouldnt allow me to basically steal from them. Call it an Atlas Shrugged kind of thing.
If it were a new concept that I thought of myself I would have no compunction.
Or If FN gave me permission I would obviously have no problem with it.
I couldnt tell you how many times my sense of right and wrong have gotten in the way of making money.....but I dont regret it in he least.

If it makes you feel any better I guessed .100 so I was only off by .0075 thousand.
But I'll tell you what. When I make things like this I generally make at least five or six of them to allow for mistakes. Rarely do I scrap more then one. If you need one I'll give it to you at no cost to keep my conscience clear.
Deal?

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Hello,

Dale
Midwest Gunworks carries the mountain plates, but they're currently out of stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts