FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am planning on getting some kind of combat type rifle ( for the Walter Mitty in me ). This will be a fun rifle but also I would like to think of it as a " just in case rifle " for ranges no more than 150yds and probably much less ( my two acre yard )

Of course the AR is high on my list but for most of my range shooting I don't need the power or noise. I imagine the 5.7x28 is much quieter than the 5.56x45 and

Things I am concerend about with the PS90 are:

1) Mag construction. Are the mags fragile? I would buy several spare mags but at $60 a pop I would probably beak down and cry if they crack/break easy.

2) How good are the factory optical sight? I would prefer to leave it as stock as I like the way it looks.

1) No back-up sights.

TIA!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Buy one you will like it!

As to your questions.

1) The mags are good. Some have had them crack after a time but heavy use will do that regardless. Not slamming them home helps. Holding the mag release open while putting in a new mag then hitting it to be sure it is in eliminates one of the stress that cause cracking.

2) The new ones are coming with the black ring sight and that one is nice! I have an older white ring site and it has some problems. Just look at the sticky for details

3) doesn't bother me. Plus I don't see a need since the factory optic is not battery powered

·
Vendor
5,591 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts