·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't currently have one.

My 9mm is a CZ75 PCR compact.

The only criteria are:

1. Steel or polymer frame.

2. NOT a Beretta. (Never liked the 92, never will).

The contenders so far are:

FNP-9 For obvious reasons, I already own the 40 and 45 so know what to expect.

CZ75 or SP-01 The best ergonomics out there, and the prices are right.

Baby Eagle An Israeli souped up CZ, what's not to like?

Ummmm....

Anything else I should look at?

And before someone says Glock 17, I owned one of the very first models sold in this country. Great shooter, totally reliable, and felt like it was designed for a space alien's hands (or whatever an alien has...). Sold it after handling a CZ.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I never liked the 92 either, then i started playing with them and then had to go buy one.

but .. if you don't like 'em my vote would be for an M&P

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Sounds to me like you've already made up your mind that you want another CZ. Read back your own comments and you'll note that you mentioned the CZ 4 times.

Just an observation mind you.

Me personally, in full size 9mm, I like the High Powers, the Glock 34, and the SIG 228.

(I also do not like the Beretta's)

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd love to have a High Power, but at $850 odd dollars I just have to shrug my shoulders and move along. Way too expensive. I might think of a used one, but you never see them at shows around here.

HKs are not a consideration, mostly on ethical grounds. They pay lip service to civilian shooters, but only because we have some cash. If the second amendment was repealed tomorrow, HK would not shed a tear. Nope, they won't get my money.

Sigs, hmmmm... I want to like them. But they are kind of in the same boat as the High Power. Very pricey. If I was spending that much I'd just get the Browning.

Had not thought of the S&W M&P. Have they gotten over their mag drop issues?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You do like those Walthers don't you.

I'll have a look at those too.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Don't forget about the P225/P6 German Police trade-ins that are out there for $250.00 to $300.00.

Also, give this page a peak for low priced 9's.

http://www.best9mm.com/

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll admit to not drinking from the Sig Sauer kool aid. A squirt gun trigger coupled with a low cap single stack magazine is not my idea of a good full size 9mm pistol. Not to offend anyone who likes Sigs, you guys are legion. However, I have never liked the trigger feel of any Sig I have ever fired.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Sig Sauer P226.

Best combat pistol ever made!

:?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Sorry your not a sig fan!
Still have to vote P226! Best full size 9mm I ever Shot!

·
Registered
857 Posts
BlitzPig said:
Not sure what "issue" you are talking about, but I have never had a problem with mine in any respect. I have the .40

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
wlcohen said:
BlitzPig said:
Not sure what "issue" you are talking about, but I have never had a problem with mine in any respect. I have the .40
It's been reported at the M&P forum. SOme models are having a few problems. Quite common on new guns when they first come out.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Blitzpig wrote:
wlcohen wrote:

I too had the .40 M&P but not for long.
Had to beat on the sights right out of the box just to get on target.
The gun would never group even using 5 brands of ammo. The gun would pattern (beater class weapon) if you like pie plate accuracy. Bad gun?
they only get one chance. It said it's goodbyes! Used money for a Sig 226 .40 S&W never looking back! And never buying another M&P.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts