FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any thoughts? anyone have both?

i like the idea of striker fire and a consistent trigger pull. and all my accessories/holsters still work. i'm converting my wife over to the new FNS9 from her FNP....

thoughts?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Well, I'm of the opinion with the FNX you get a very consistent trigger pull and I love mine. That being said if you are acquiring rather than trading then go for it. I probably wouldn't trade my FNX for an FNS but I would sure be open to having and FNS in the cupboard.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'm of the opinion with the FNX you get a very consistent trigger pull and I love mine. That being said if you are acquiring rather than trading then go for it. I probably wouldn't trade my FNX for an FNS but I would sure be open to having and FNS in the cupboard.
rather than a double action to single action pull you get consistent trigger pulls. I don't carry my FNX cocked and locked.

what do you like about the FNX more than the FNS? any reason you wouldn't swap?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Well I like you, don't carry cocked and locked. I feel and this is just personal that on the first shot having the safety off and the longer stroke is a better trade off. I really like the SA follow up shots. That is the way I train.

I have fired the SIG P250 in DA. It has a reasonable reputation for a double action trigger and while I can't say it is better or worse than the first pull of the FNX it certainly does not compare to the SA trigger of the FNX. My assumption is the trigger for the FNS would be similar to the SIG. I think the fractional increase in the trigger pull lends itself to pulling the barrel whereas the SA trigger does not.

That being said I probably will add one to the collection at some point and the development of short reset DA triggers really makes it appealing but not enough to trade my FNX for it.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
FNS9 from her FNP....

If you are looking to get a few extra dollars I would be interested in buying the used FNP 9 pending condition, round count, and willingness to actually sell :-D

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are looking to get a few extra dollars I would be interested in buying the used FNP 9 pending condition, round count, and willingness to actually sell :-D
i appreciate the offer. But that thing is my baby. and honestly it's been used pretty hard. 20,000 rounds is my best guess. and it's not in perfect shape. I've had that since 04/05ish. and it's the old school style FNP which is kinda cool... it's been through a lot with me... i don't think i can let it go lol.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's the current 3

i'm trading my Kahr P45NS for the FNS40... the kahr books way higher. but i'm not into it that much.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'll second the FNS.
I had an FNX-40 for a while, but not a fan of the DA pull.
Cocked and locked? That's what I have my Sig 1911 for.
As for striker-fired, I love my two FNS-9s.

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
I too am purchasing an FNS mine being the 9mm, whereas I absolutely enjoy shooting my FNX-40 and do so competently I have a few concerns. One is the placement of my thumb and the way it rests against the Safety/De-cocker and the potential of engaging the safety during rapid fire which has happened twice now. The second is again my thumb and its proximity to the same lever and the way it giving me a callous on the side of my thumb. I have tried different grips but found after fondling the FNS at Gander the FNS is more comfortable and having my hand higher, more inline with the bore should in theory offer an instinctive shooting gain. Once in possession of the FNS I'll be able to make a comparison and final decision.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts